One scripture Jesus quoted that the Watchtower Society forgets to teach/apply

by RULES & REGULATIONS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Jesus said in Matthew 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Jesus said in Matthew 28:19-20

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Jesus also said at Matthew 19:21.....

Matthew 19:21 is never mentioned or taught by the Watchtower Society. It is passed over and forgotten. Some sayings of Jesus are just a mere suggestion.

Providing food, water, healthcare, shelter, an education, and taking care of orphans/widows is not in their nature. Somehow, this scripture has no real application in their lives!

Books, magazines, the construction of Kingdom Halls/assembly halls/factories/warehouses/branch offices are their only concern.

Jesus would be ashamed!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah's Witnesses are not true Christian, indicative to the fact they are involved in preaching a tainted false Gospel created by apostate false Prophet charlatans and are subjectively loyal to these men through their own sinful acts of corruption and coercion.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

(John 12:5-7) 5 “Why was it this perfumed oil was not sold for three hundred denar and given to the poor people?” 6 He said this, though, not because he was concerned about the poor, but because he was a thief and had the money box and used to carry off the monies put in it.

JWs do not follow jesu's footsteps.

JWs have no money box for the poor - and the bible is very clear in this point.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I like to ask jws about Matt 28:19,20. Do those verses apply to individuals or to an organisation? THey will think then say to individuals. Then I ask how many people they have personally baptised.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jesus admonished his followers to not make or set a time upon god's own sacred time concerning the new Kingdom, he also said to those false prophets/teachers who come in his name but say things I did not instruct them to say, to not listen to them.

One of most potent critical aspects to the acts of apostasy involving the Watchtower Corporation.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So practice and observe everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy, burdensome loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.…

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Watchtower—Study Edition | JUNE 2003

What Is Happening to Charity?
    Jehovah’s Witnesses today are also quick to help when disaster strikes. During the summer of 2001, for instance, torrential storms caused major flooding in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. In all, 723 homes of Witnesses were damaged to some extent, many of them quite badly. A disaster relief committee made up of qualified Christian elders was immediately formed to assess individual needs and to allocate relief funds to help the local Witnesses to cope with the situation and repair their homes. Willing volunteers from neighboring congregations performed all the work. One Witness was so appreciative of the help that when she received payment from her insurance company to cover the repairs to her house, she immediately donated the money to the relief fund so that it could help others in need.

It's amazing how the Watchtower Society only helped homeowners( who were all Witnesses ), raised relief funds ( from Jehovah's Witness contribution boxes), got free labor from local congregation members and received an insurance settlement for their relief fund.

There is a kind of giving that is even more important than charity. Jesus alluded to this when a rich young ruler asked what he had to do to get everlasting life. Jesus told him: “Go sell your belongings and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven, and come be my follower.” (Matthew 19:16-22) Notice that Jesus did not just say, ‘Give to the poor and you will get life.’ Instead, he added, “Come be my follower.” In other words, as commendable and beneficial as charitable acts are, Christian discipleship involves more.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

If memory serves, my father taught me that in order to be a Christian back in the 1st century you literally had to sell all your belongings and give the money to the congregation. In turn, you were provided a place to sleep and meals when you weren't out preaching. Christianity was literally a commune religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably correct T B K but in the JW land there is a small group of people (men) that live proportionately better than all the organization's JW preachers , the GB men and their wives.

They get a secured position in the organization right until they die.

They get complete health care, food and lodging, cars to drive when they want, paid for air flights around the world and get greeted and treated like beloved celebrities wherever they go and the ability to work with millions of donated money from devoted followers.

I wouldn't call that making yourself poor and impoverished.

• blondie
    blondie

In the past (here 1963) the WTS did include the all 3 in the 2 questions asked jw converts before baptism. After time, these questions were updated to:

16 However, before candidates are admitted to baptism it is proper and fitting that they answer two questions, so that all those assembled with them for the occasion may be witnesses who have heard from the candidates’ own mouths that they understand what they are doing and that they have taken the required steps to qualify for baptism. Those who can answer the questions in the affirmative should say “Yes” after each question, and they should say it loudly and in unison, that is, all at the same time.

17 The first question is: Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

18 The second question is: On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1963402?q=two+baptism+questions&p=par

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/baptism.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit