Wearing a Guy Fawkes mask outside a JW Convention.

by SonoftheTrinity 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    I don't want my wife recognizing me, but I feel like making an anti-JW scene.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    You won't make an impact on them.
  • cofty
    cofty
    It's counterproductive.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    A Stephen Lett mask would be better, you will be signing Bibles and posing for selfies.
  • fastJehu
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I agree with Village idiot and cofty. There are better ways to wake people up than to try while they're in full cult mode and in front of thousands of people that could potentially report them for showing an interest in anything you might have to say. You'll only end up confirming their persecution complex.

Your time is better spent enjoying your life. If you're going to try to wake someone up, do it when they're in their 'authentic persona' as that's the only time you'll be able to find an opening.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Do it naked and covered in lard for greater impact.

• Simon
    Simon

Quite apart from the fact that as others have pointed out, it rarely achieves anything and is a waste of an afternoon that could be put to better use (seriously, go volunteer at a homeless shelter for a few hours, you'll be transformed).

In the current climate of idiots setting bombs off I think it's unwise and unkind to do anything to that might heighten anxiety for anyone attending an event with large crowds of people and children in attendance.

• kairos
    kairos

A big sign no one can miss that says:

Shun exJWs in imitation of Jesus

Or

Wachtower's Pedophile problems are not "apostate lies"

"research 1975, JWs"

Something easy to read from a distance that once seen is already read.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    or when the carts are around see how many teaching books you can get from them im up to 860 myself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit