Cringe in December

by neat blue dog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Oh boy, the meetings lined up for December are culty.

It all starts with a 5 minute talk someone has to give on the topic "Why should we not be troubled by the increase of Memorial partakers in recent years?"

The next week again inserts JWs into Bible prophecy, first with "The Earth Swallowed Up the River", which claims that court victories for the org are really God's doing. There is no mention on who is responsible for the many judgements against the org.

Then there's this chart to be discussed that same night:

The following weeks ramp things up with the beasts of prophecy, Armageddon and more urgency. Looks like that month's meetings will be a little more uncomfortable than usual.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think it's very interesting how WTS is tackling controversial issues head on.

100 years since 1914 -- CELEBRATE

100 years since 1918 -- The Kingdom Has accomplished more in the past 100 years than any government in history!

Child Abuse -- We Abhor Child Abuse -- All media reports of JW Child Abuse are Fake News!

Increase in Anointed -- Yeah! Why we should not be concerned.

If you thought they'd just try to let let these things "fade away" (like us haha), you're wrong. HEAD ON! DOUBLE DOWN!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

1260 days = 31/2 years or 42 months , they say.

I would love to raise my hand and ask the unfortunate speaker why should we view this number as literal , when the others are symbolic ("delivered in signs" ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    NBD - "Why should we not be troubled by the increase of Memorial partakers in recent years?"

This clunky, awkward English always bothered me. It sounds so Victorian.

I laughed at this because someone must be getting their knickers in a twist over it a cult HQ.

court victories for the org are really God's doing

I am not sure if I should laugh or vomit at this. This is such outright propaganda, it's unbelievable.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

What exactly were cleansed from the temple during this time frame?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Great question 😅

Honestly the biggest changes were Rutherford and the board of directors. Christmas, birthdays, Pyramidology, date setting, etc. would remain for years to come. And more would be added after they were chosen: no vaccines, no organ transplants, etc etc etc

• tiki
    tiki

Desperate times require desperate tactics.....

You can't make sense out of nonsense....but you gotta give them credit for persistence!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    "Why should we not be troubled by the increase of Memorial partakers in recent years?"

Evidently the numbers are up again this year.

George

• blondie
    blondie

But all partakers are not genuine anointed per the WTS. The WTS has said that shortly into the new system, survivors would be provided lists of those who really went to heaven.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1962090#h=1:0-9:919

● Will the great crowd of “other sheep” who survive Armageddon know whether their companions of the remnant proved faithful and gained the prize of immortality or not?—F. C., United States.

Yes, it seems reasonable to conclude that just who comprise the 144,000 members of the body of Christ will be common knowledge to those of the “other sheep” living in the post-Armageddon new world. Relevant thereto is Psalm 87:5, 6, which reads: “And respecting Zion it will be said: ‘Each and every one was born in her.’ And the Most High himself will firmly establish her. Jehovah himself will declare, when recording the peoples: ‘This is one who was born there.’”

That this should be the case is most reasonable. Certainly at the present time we know, because of the Scriptural record, that certain ones received Jehovah’s approval in times of old, which information is encouraging to us. So for those of the post-Armageddon new world to know that certain ones proved faithful and received the glorious reward of immortality would likewise prove an incentive to faithfulness to them. Their faithful devotion would be recalled by those that knew them, in keeping with the principle stated at Hebrews 13:7: “Remember those who are governing you, who have spoken the word of God to you, and as you contemplate how their conduct turns out imitate their faith.”

------------------genuine anointed quotes

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=%22genuine+anointed%22&p=sen&r=newest

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@NowWhat

Temple cleansing might include the "fact" that Jesus rejected every church on earth in the fall of 1918 but did find one group of anointed leaders channeling truth through the Watchtower ... and subsequently appointed these men in the spring of 1919 to be his Faithful Slave.

Watchtower Fairy Tales pp.187-189

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit