Gog from Magog

by Kosonen 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Vidqun:

Compare the Ezekiel passages with Isaiah and Micah (not apocalyptic):

The phrase final part of the days simply refers to hypothetical future events. The phrase lends nothing to their credibility. It does not indicate anything that will actually happen. But even if it did, it would not mean that it referred to anything that would happen soon rather than some still distant future. (But it doesn't.)

The fact that things 'prophesied' in the Bible 'haven't happened yet' is not evidence that they will happen in the future.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Jeffro, it's actually simpler than that. Some will give their "consideration to it with understanding." Others will ignore prophecy to their detriment. I go on God's track record on prophecy and so far I am impressed. For you, wait and see.

The anger of Jehovah will not turn back until he will have carried out and until he will have made the ideas of his heart come true. In the final part of the days YOU people will give YOUR consideration to it with understanding [you will understand it clearly, ESV] (Jer. 23:20)

The burning anger of Jehovah will not turn back until he will have executed and until he will have carried out the ideas of his heart. In the final part of the days YOU people will give YOUR consideration to it. (Jer. 30:24)

Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand. (Dan. 12:10)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    🤦‍♂️
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost
    In the end UN will get the power for a short while, as taught in the WT literature.

Dude.

In the end, the UN has never had the authority nor the ability so much as enforce the legal operation of a lemonade stand.

Much less "destroy the world empire of false religion". Whatever that means.

You are living in a fantasy world.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Vidqun:

Others will ignore prophecy to their detriment. I go on God's track record on prophecy and so far I am impressed. For you, wait and see.

It's always amusing when 'believers' resort to these bizarre by-proxy death threats when they can't provide any evidence for their beliefs.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

I was talking to an old, still in friend the other day and he mentioned this new understanding of Gog and Magog, although he didnt explain it to me. So whether he personally understood, or cared about it is another story.

Its simply classic WT tactics to distract the average JW for a bit longer, another carrot to dangle- a reason to talk about how the organisation is moving along and obviously signifies how close the end must be.

Re-introduce a mysterious concept from the bible that is shrouded in obscurity, that may or may not point to the end times and the apocolypse, or it may just be a story that applied to a localised area that has long since occured. or, because it is in Revelation, may be an analogy.

From the time of Josephus until now, no one really knows who it applies to, and probably because of that, it has been applied to so many different places and people.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Jeffro, just quoting Scripture. Nothing personal.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

• Overrated
    Overrated

Everything Watchtower predicts is bullshit! Will never happen! Ever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit