Gog from Magog

by Kosonen 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I saw an other thread about what the WT says who or what Gog is.

My speculation is based on the following:

In the end UN will get the power for a short while, as taught in the WT literature. This is based on Revelation 17:12-14: "The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.”

So could not the UN be some how connected to Gog from Magog?

I think that China will play a bigger role in the UN in the final days. Many analytics predict the rise of China and the diminishing role of the West.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Here is what allegedly Klaus Schwab writes in behalf of the World Economic Forum about China and the diminishing role of the West.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/VEcPRIdhn9fg/

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

OK Kosonen, my take on your analysis of world events and the Bible. True china is emerging as a wannabe super power in world affairs, widening and strengthening their influence and military capabilities in the region and beyond.

That, that happens with Nations is nothing new as history confirms .Over periods of time Nations rise and Nations fall .Nothing new under the sun here..

Your big mistake here is trying to harmonize what happens in modern history to whatever the Bible has to say..

The Bible is nothing more than what the Roman Church brought together, a lot of scriptures ,of Jewish and first Century Christians and came up with their view of what should be the Bible canon, and form their Religious organization on.

Leaving out many other Scriptures that didn`t fit in with their agenda.

And Protestant religions have virtually all fallen in line with what they decreed including the Jehovah`s Witnesses.

resulting in forming over 40,000 different Christian sects throughout the world today.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

No. Nothing in Ezekiel or Revelation has anything at all to do with China or the UN.

What Does the Bible Really Teach about Gog of Magog?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The phrase ’acharith hayyamim (= the latter part of the days) corresponds with a new era in human history. This phrase often occurs in the prophetic books (cf. Is. 2:2; Jer. 23:20; 30:24; 48:47; 49:39; Dan. 12:13; Hosea 3:5; Mic. 4:1). Seems as though Ezekiel did place his vision of Gog in this period (Ezek. 38:21; cf. 38:8).

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Vidqun:

The phrase ’acharith hayyamim (= the latter part of the days) corresponds with a new era in human history.

It is an element of the apocalyptic genre. It doesn’t have anything to do with our era though. The genre doesn’t actually have predictive powers, and the ‘prophecies’ necessarily refer only to a hypothetical period.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

It has not happened yet, so it is predictive, which would fall under prophecy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

No. If I say the sun will turn into cheese, the fact that it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t make it a ‘prophecy’. Saying something is a ‘prediction’ is not the same as something having predictive power.

If you’re saying that all types of prediction come under the category of ‘prophecy’, then, also no. Meteorologists do not prophesy the weather.

If you’re saying that any assertion about the future is a ‘prophecy’, then, yes, but only in a pointless kind of way.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Compare the Ezekiel passages with Isaiah and Micah (not apocalyptic):

And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. (Isa. 2:2)

And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it peoples must stream. (Mic. 4:1)

After many days you will be given attention. In the final part of the years you will come to the land [of people] brought back from the sword, collected together out of many peoples, onto the mountains of Israel, that have proved to be a constantly devastated place; even [a land] that has been brought forth from the peoples, [where] they have dwelt in security, all of them. (Ezek. 38:8)

And you will be bound to come up against my people Israel, like clouds to cover the land. In the final part of the days it will occur, and I shall certainly bring you against my land, for the purpose that the nations may know me when I sanctify myself in you before their eyes, O Gog. This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, Are you the same one of whom I spoke in the former days by the hand of my servants the prophets of Israel, who were prophesying in those days—years—as to bringing you in upon them? [Cursive script added.] (38:16, 17)

And I guess the writer of the book places the above in the realm of prophecy. It's quite straightforward. I'll go along with that. Let's not play with semantics and confuse the issue.

Question is: To whom is Ezekiel referring, to the mountains of "fleshly Israel" (1 Cor. 10:18a) or to the mountains of the Israel of God (Gal. 6:15, 16)?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You do realise, I hope, that just because someone says something is a ‘prophecy’, it doesn’t actually mean it will really happen. You still seem caught up on thinking that calling something a ‘prophecy’ means it actually has predictive power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit