My first encounter

by SB10 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. Loosing someone we love is difficult. There are many good hearted people in the world (Jehovah's Witnesses and non Jehovah's witnesses). I have met many!

My spouse and I have been born into the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses but left the religion 6 plus years ago, along with our children. We have lost all of our JW "friends" and my two best friends will no longer have contact with me. Our families have also distanced themselves from us. We are the same wonderful people we were when we were part of the religion. The only difference, is our belief system has changed. The JW's will love you, as long as you become a JW or they can recruit you into the religion. They study with you and try and get you baptized. Once you are baptized, you are locked in. If you decide to leave, they want nothing to do with you. Trust me, it happened to us. This is a cult that's only agenda is to get you into the religion. Who walks away from life long friendships and who walks away from their own children, grandchildren or parents? Who does this? I can attest that they do and it is disturbing, abusive and just plain inhumane. If I can give you any advise, stay away from these people. Enjoy and love the people who WANT you in their lives because they truly love you for WHO you are. Hugs to you.

• Simon
    Simon

It's not a coincidence. They target people to take advantage of their grief. You should get help from someone who isn't there to peddle something because they have way more grief to pile on you than you were just going through.

• SB10
    SB10

The pamphlet really didn’t give information that I already did not know about grief it was just comforting in these moments to be reminded of these things. I’m not educated in jehovahs witnesses practices. I was raised in a Christian faith with the Bible which I do find a lot of comfort in. I thought this was a sign from god to help me find comfort during this time, until I researched a little more. It is very sad that they would try to prey and Target someone going through what I am. The thought that this woman possibly seen me in the intensive care and followed me is kind of scary and very invasive. I try to respect people from every faith just because that is how I was raised. I was not aware she was a Jehovahs Witness until I read thru the pamphlet

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Unlikely the woman followed you. Waiting in a parking lot is a usual way to make contact

• Etude
    Etude

Dear SB10 SB10

I hate to tell you this but, you were being actively recruited. On top of that, you were kinda stalked. She knew enough about you to take advantage of your vulnerability. It wasn't all out of kindness and concern. Stangers seldom do that. In her case, it was a technique designed to get new members.

I'm not implying that the individual was not sincere. But people are often sincerely wrong. That woman is a victim of a cult that seeks to capture people at vulnerable moments. Of course, the message she offered was attractive and hopeful, maybe even helpful! So is the prospect of winning the lottery. But, what are the chances of that? I don't even discourage you from listening more about what she or her organization has to say. I just caution you to be critical and understand what it is they do. They build a complex edifice of ideas with little to no foundations. And before you waste years being among them, read through this site and find out what they've been up to.

Etude.

• Etude
    Etude

BTW, I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

Etude

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry about your grandfather and strength to you as you deal with that.

As far as thinking this was a sign from god to help you find comfort during this time, be careful. I don't know if she followed you or if she was good at reading people and there was some hint for her to offer that particular message and literature. But I fell for "God sent them to me." If God sent JW's to me, then I have nothing nice to say about God. It's a cult, they want to recruit you and cause you all kinds of new problems in your life.

• stillin
    stillin

There's nothing wrong with human kindness at all. Glad that you realize that the JW's don't have a monopoly on it.

I had a rough patch a few years ago and was shown a lot of kindness by local Non-JW Christians. It doesn't make their religion all true but it's nice to see people trying.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

I’m sorry that you lost your grandad.

Losing someone is really hard, I know how you feel, my parents are both gone and there’s not a day that goes by that I remember, specially my dear mum.

in relation to your experience with the Jehovah’s Witness lady, I feel that many have given you good advice already. It’s a cult.

Witnesses recruit new people to the religion when people are in need of comfort or when people can’t find the answers they need in life....so please be careful. This religion will change your life forever and not for the best.

It will dictate all of your life. Will make you separate from your family... even if you don’t think so now. Eventually to be accepted in the Kingdom Hall, one must serve Jehovah without strings, denouncing all that you know, feel and want.

All that you know now....will be belittle by this religion.

Hang in there, your grief will easy up a little one day. Keep the good memories alive and remember ....that’s what I do.

good luck and a warm big hug.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS take advantage of vulnerable people as a means to proliferate their literature.

unfortunately what they they offer is temporarily releaving.

They are actually selling a false apostate version of the gospel of Jesus via its enacted charlatanism.

The other fact to consider is this religious organization kills people (thousands to date) , has indirectly have caused many suicides and breaks apart families.

......And all of this is orchestrated and endeavored by accepting ancient mythology as fact when in reality its fiction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit