Would You Like It If The Elders Called You To See How You're Doing?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Poor elders----nobody wants them

I want them

but for some odd reason when they do show up and I talk to them they never come back!!

Wonder if it something I say that they don't like?

The Real Truth hurts

• minimus
    minimus

See Lady Lee, YOU love the elders.

• Soledad
    Soledad

if all elders are like mini of course I would want them to call!

of the few times that they would visit us it would only be b/c someone (myself or my mom) was sick. Now, when I'm at my mom's house and they come over, they have this look on their faces, like the one you might see on a deer just before getting hit by an oncoming truck. wonder why?

I just go out of my way to be really really nice to them......"some coffee or tea? milk or cream? one sugar or two? cookies?"

• Soledad
    Soledad

(duplicate?)

• minimus
  • Panda
    Panda

No, I never really cared, but since my husband was one of their own I was very surprized that they never bothered to offer support while I was overseas in school. One elder did give him his frequent flyer miles to fly over to see me, so I have to say that was super nice. But no elder came to see me. And that was just fine.

• simplesally
    simplesally

For some, they don't want the elders to call on them because that will initiate further action against them. For me, it has no repercussions. I won't be going back and can't be disfellowshipped again......already there.

But, they seem to not work the territory here. And they didn't work the territory at my old house, gated community and all. If they happended to call on me, I'd invite them in, let them say whatever it is....let them talk until they had nothing left to say.....then, I would tell them of the harsh treatment, the tears for me and my daughter that I shed DURING the meetings, I'd tell them of the dirty looks at the hall and at the market. I would tell them that I don't see love in their organization. I would tell them that God is with those who show humility, not piousness. I would remind them that Jesus came to call the sinners not the righteous and if they couldn't understand that, well then, my dog loves to put dog hairs on nice wool suits and I'd let Sampson the Party Dog out of the back room.

• Piph
    Piph

No. I just wish they'd leave me alone. :(

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hell yeah.

I'd like to talk to them again. It really depends on WHICH elders we're talking about. Some of them I liked and wouldn't mind talking to. The ones that diffed me... well, I'd thank them for treating me so coldly and rudely - because it opened the door to the greatest chapter in my life! Plus I'd like to make fun of the one whose daughter became a pill-poppin Acid-droppin Lesbodian...

hee hee hee

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

I wouldn't want the elders or anyone else for that matter bothering me. Why bother at this stage? The more you talk, the greater the chances of having it fly back in your face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit