"This Good news Of The Kingdom Will Be Preached In All The Inhabited Earth" ........

by smiddy3 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

..".for a witness to all the Nations and then the end will come" .Matt.24:14.

The religion of Jehovah`s Witnesses kid themselves into thinking they are filling or have fulfilled this prophecy/scripture .

Given that you take the Jehovah`s Witnesses and the International Bible Students Association as one and the same religion , then they have been preaching their message primarily within lands that are predominantly Christian based.....and certainly do not cover "all the inhabited earth " as their are many populous non Christian nations nations that do not allow, even forbid any proselytizing in their lands. I would estimate about one third of the current World population.

But that is not all .

Given that you take the Jehovah`s Witnesses and the International Bible Students Association as one and the same religion ,then they have about 140 years of preaching their beliefs to the public specifically to preach "This good News Of The Kingdom " as they claim to do in obedience to J.C.commands at Matt.24:14.

Take a survey no matter where you live on this planet earth of the people in your locality and if you asked them "What was the message Jehovah`s Witnesses left you and No one would be able to say "They told me about and explained to me the Good news of the Kingdom" and what it would mean to me.

No one would be able to say that .After 140 years of preaching and witnessing by what is now 8 million plus Jehovah`s witnesses .

what a waste of time and energy and lives .

After 140 years of preaching what do the public know about Jehovah`s Witnesses ?

They don`t take blood transfusions

they don`t vote

they don`t salute the flag

they don`t get into politics

Not once do they say "They preach the Good News Of Gods Kingdom " ....not once...not anywhere in the world do they say "they preach the good news of Gods Kingdom "

Jehovah`s Witnesses fail on all accounts even the "Watchtower " Announcing Jehovah`s Kingdom has never resonated with the public and the "Witnesses have failed to address the issue and the fact that they have put Jesus as a secondary figure in their publications hasn`t helped them .

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    then they have been preaching their message primarily within lands that are predominantly Christian based..

Yes. But JW's are present with branch offices in the most populous Muslim country in the world (Indonesia) and the most populous Hindu country in the world (India). I should say JW's were present in countries like China, North Korea, Afganistan till the time they are persecuted. When persecuted JW's are not obligated by Jesus to remain in that country since Jesus said in Matthew 10:23: When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another."

as their are many populous non Christian nations nations that do not allow, even forbid any proselytizing in their lands.

There are 2 lines of reasoning given for these countries which don't have much witnessing work going on:

1. Not all territories will be preached before the end.

*** w97 8/15 p. 14 par. 11 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future?***

True, untouched territories still exist, and perhaps in Jehovah’s due time, a door of opportunity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Still, Jesus’ words recorded at Matthew 10:23 are sobering: “You will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.” While the good news will surely be announced throughout the earth, we will not in person reach all parts of the earth with the Kingdom message before Jesus “arrives” as Executioner.

2. Countries that don't allow preaching activity bear community responsibility for their actions - the way Egyptians suffered the 10 plagues because of Pharoah's hard-heartedness.

No one would be able to say "They told me about and explained to me the Good news of the Kingdom" and what it would mean to me.

Jw's have been conditioned to reason that they are not responsible for how people react to their message. They need to get going with the work no matter what people say about them. 2 Thess 1:8 is a favorite scripture that says Jesus will take vengeance on those who do not obey the good news. So if people don't remember the good news then it's the people's mistake. Same as if you forget your medicines then it is your mistake, not the doctors.

• waton
    waton

ask any witness and they might be flabbergasted too, what the good news of the kingdom is.

a) the kingdom of gods love by the son, Colossians chapter 1, ?

b) the kingdom that invisibly started in 1914 to let loose the overlapping generation,? or

c) the millennium, still praying for it to come.?

Not to speak of the eternal king.

Very devoted people in wt as there in other religions, sad. because doctrinal clarity, consistence is hard to come by in religions,-- if based on a children's book with talking snakes, donkeys, other fancy stuff.

• Listener
    Listener

For decades it was less about preaching the good news and more about pushing a particular product offer. It was usually the current Watchtower and Awake but sometimes it was a brochure or booklet.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I have heard it both ways, that everyone must hear the word and that there may be some remote areas that do not get preached. Its more Tower double speak.

• venus
    venus

‘They are nothing other than their own project.’ They could be trusted on what they do rather than what they say/preach. They have taught the world, by their action, the “best lesson” on human relationship—‘shun everyone who disagrees with you.’

• sir82
    sir82

"This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth...."

Except for 99% of China.

Oh, and 90% of India.

Oh yeah, not North Korea either.

Nor to 90+% of Muslim-majority nations.

Maybe that scripture should be reworked a little....

"This good news of the Kingdom will be preached to the half of the world where it is fairly convenient for us, the other 3 or 4 billion people who will never even hear the word 'Jehovah', much less receive a 'witness', can go suck an egg."

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

I bet there's gonna be "new light" pretty soon. The problem is resources, new material is practically inexistent. So, downsizing, a.k.a. simplification. Let's say no more pounding apathetic neighborhoods, better an emphasis in living a Christian exemplary life ... (like the midweek meeting). And leave the preaching for special campaigns once other month...

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I think the public knows even less about them than the OP suggests. They know that they 1)knock on doors to distribute the WT, some may know that they don't take blood or don't celebrate holidays. That's it.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

You all fail to appreciate that "the good news" has been preached by jw's in "all the inhabited earth". Of course this preaching happened 'invisibly" (like jesus 2nd presence). Only those with "eyes of understanding" can see how this marvelous "preaching work" has reached "all nations, tribes, an tongues".

To get your 'eyes' spiritually repaired and focused (so you can 'see' invisible things,lol), just visit: jw.org or a local kh (if it hasn't been sold)

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit