Isaiah 40:29-31 and Being Gay

by IWant2Know 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• LV101
    LV101

IW2K - yes -- all embryos are initially female -- within a short time the weaker embryos transfer to male. Strange when men are the strongest physically and have higher IQs (not saying females are not higher in some -- but generally) per the science. We'll call it old science.😂 We all should be questioning the 'science' these days. Don't remember the chemical/scientific details from psych classes decades ago.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    KalebOutWest said:
        • For Jehovah's WItnesses, God must "foresee" and "foretell" the future and must keep time, partially because the theology of Jehovah's Witnesses is based on "timekeeping" and "the end of times." If this understanding fails, so does their teaching that their religion is the only true one. Their leaders have spent over a century trying to teach they only they can understand the "predictions" of the "prophets."

So, what's the point of verses such as:

Daniel 7:25, "time, times and a half".

Daniel 12:7, "time, times and a half".

Revelation 11:2, "42 months".

Revelation 11:3, "1260 days".

Revelation 12:6, "1260 days".

Revelation 12:14, "time, times and a half".

Revelation 13:5,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-year_principle

Or what about the seventy weeks of Daniel?

The “seventy weeks” prophecy is one of the most significant and detailed Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. It is found in Daniel 9. The chapter begins with Daniel praying for Israel, acknowledging the nation’s sins against God and asking for God’s mercy. As Daniel prayed, the angel Gabriel appeared to him and gave him a vision of Israel’s future.

What are the seventy weeks of Daniel? | GotQuestions.org

• I'll bet you could not have done that if I had not told you that, now could you.

Sure, I could have. All that I would have to do is search on the internet. Or even look at the verses in the New World Translation or other Bibles that give Hebrew scripture references to Bible verses. Plus, as I had mentioned before, I've already seen both Jewish and non-believers' refutation of the silver pieces prophecy along with many of the other so-called Hebrew scripture Jesus prophecies.

• Isaiah 11:6-9--Isaiah is indeed talking about the ideal king in Davidic king and restoration under him for all Israel's benefit, but it should be noted that the oracle does not have any particular historical person or time period in mind.

So, why does verse 9 say:

They will not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain;
        for the earth will be full of the knowledge of Yahweh,
        as the waters cover the sea.

World English Bible

• Isaiah 65:17-25 is part of an apocalypse and not a prophecy, written by Deutero-Isaiah or maybe even Third or Fourth Isaiah. It is speaking of the conditions experienced by the Jews after they returned from exile to Babylon. Apocalypse speaks of the present in future terms, as if it has yet to be fulfilled, using symbols. The book of Daniel, as apocalypse, does this throughout its "visions," for example.
        • And none of the texts from Daniel are prophetic. The book is an "apocalypse," not a prophecy. In fact, "Daniel" is not even a real person. That is why when you open a Jewish Bible, the Book of Daniel does not appear in the "Prophets" section but in the "Writings" section.
        • The Book of Daniel was written by the Maccabees during their persecution and subsequent revolt under the Hasmoneons, with events ending in the celebrations of the very first Chanukah. "Daniel" is a folk hero--like America's Paul Bunyan. Daniel gives warnings and messages to Nebuchadnezzar, even though the Jews have been back from the exiles for generations now. They are facing a new threat from the Hellenists who want to stop Jewish worship. Using apocalyptic language that sound like oracles and visions, the Maccabees encourage their fellow Jews with folktales of Daniel overcoming the heathens and their gods, showing how they will defeat the Hellenists and restore the Temple and pure worship in their own day if they keep up the fight (which they did).

Well, I have tons of bookmarked YouTube playlists videos that I haven't gotten around to looking at yet. Such as this one:

The Babylonian Exile & The Book of Daniel: What Apologist Are Not Telling You - YouTube

However, thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

• The Church Fathers, using the "midrash" that Jesus and the apostles used as recorded in the New Testament, applied this to Jesus. Again, this is an apocalypse, not a book by a real prophet or even by a person named Daniel. The folk hero by that name did not exist and is not listed as one of the prophets of Israel in the Talmud.

So, then it almost sounds as if it's a choice of whose midrash does one use: Jewish or Christian?

• The narrative of the Garden of Eden is based on the type of enclosed garden of the king of Babylon that had a guard with a sword and kept people out. It had, on its outside, cherubim, for the decor.

Bingo!

• Now that you have read my replies, what are your counter arguments? If you have none what are you doing about it?
        • Who cares what I believe? How cares about what you believe? What are you doing with your life now that is helping others more than you?

You, first.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

LV101 said:

IW2K - yes -- all embryos are initially female -- within a short time the weaker embryos transfer to male. Strange when men are the strongest physically and have higher IQs (not saying females are not higher in some -- but generally) per the science.

You had better not let your wife see that.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    KalebOutWest said:
    And none of the texts from Daniel are prophetic. The book is an "apocalypse," not a prophecy. In fact, "Daniel" is not even a real person. That is why when you open a Jewish Bible, the Book of Daniel does not appear in the "Prophets" section but in the "Writings" section.
    The Book of Daniel was written by the Maccabees during their persecution and subsequent revolt under the Hasmoneons, with events ending in the celebrations of the very first Chanukah. "Daniel" is a folk hero--like America's Paul Bunyan. Daniel gives warnings and messages to Nebuchadnezzar, even though the Jews have been back from the exiles for generations now. They are facing a new threat from the Hellenists who want to stop Jewish worship. Using apocalyptic language that sound like oracles and visions, the Maccabees encourage their fellow Jews with folktales of Daniel overcoming the heathens and their gods, showing how they will defeat the Hellenists and restore the Temple and pure worship in their own day if they keep up the fight (which they did).
    None of these are predictions.

No wonder some Jews who are very talky about other Jewish/Hebrew scripture topics, get all quiet on you when you ask about the book of Daniel.

• PioneerSchmioneer
    PioneerSchmioneer

iwant2know-- I have talked @ length to this Caleb guy. While he is of Jewish heritage, you are aware that is merely due to birth and upbringing/education. He is a Christian who taught religion after leaving the Borg.

He makes it a practices of not writing down what he personally believes in his answers. Just academic answers.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

PioneerSchmioneer said:

iwant2know-- I have talked @ length to this Caleb guy. While he is of Jewish heritage, you are aware that is merely due to birth and upbringing/education. He is a Christian who taught religion after leaving the Borg.
    He makes it a practices of not writing down what he personally believes in his answers. Just academic answers.

Oh, brother. 🙄 Well, I was looking forward to hearing what his answer was mainly because (and excuse me for my lack of manners and respectfulness) I was trying to assess the type of stick that he had up his ass. But, thank you, PioneerSchmioneer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit