Any witnesses actually talking about this?

by freedom96 14 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Regarding talk of 2034, is there anyone who has talked to an active witness about this? Is this the latest talk amongst the congregations, or are we reading into this way too much?

Is there any witnesses out there that are actually buying this? Could the WTS really be suggesting a new date? Are they that dumb??

• Mulan
    Mulan

My mother and my JW friend say there is no talk about it at all.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If there is no talk about it, it may be because that article has not yet been officially "studied" (parroted) in the congregation yet, and so Dubs have not yet been told that they may talk about it. I think that by next spring (2004) there may be quite a bit of talk about it.

• blondie
    blondie

Nathan, are you saying that JWs don't read their WTS until the Sunday they are studied?

• gumby
    gumby
    If there is no talk about it, it may be because that article has not yet been officially "studied

Yep!

Many dubs do not read any more than they HAVE to. However....gossip travels fast.

Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm thinking more and more that 120 years was to introduce the idea that it will be a long time from 1914. It certainly introduced the concept that Armageddon is not right around the corner.

But then again, with most Witnesses today being brain dead either from exhaustion or apathy, I'm not surprised it's not being talked about. I doubt too many really care.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I do not believe that 2034 is being used as a date prediction for the end. To me, the article reads as a justification for the end not arriving yet, and it is trying to convince readers that everything is under control - Sort of like saying, "Heck, Noah waited 120 years, why can't we"?

• minimus
    minimus

You got it, Running Man. ......When the "sheep and goats/ generation" thing came out------the Bethelites were abuzz. When I finally got to read the articles, I knew all about it the week before I got my copy. Surely, someone here must have a Bethel contact to see if there's new lite.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Freedom 96???? what do you mean "are they that dumb???"Didnt YOU believe what they told you??? were you being dumb or just had your mind under control???I would have put my life on the line for the WT( was that dumb? or more BLIND!!!) You know by my name Mouthy that dumb I "aint"

• Joker10
    Joker10

WHen I read about 2034 here, I couldn't belive it was an issue worth discussing about. I'm sure that article means nothing prophetic to JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit