Some amazing insights on why the the name Jehovah is no more used in the new testament scriptures

by paradisebeauty 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

For me the "aha" of the article was that in the new testament, God's name does not appear anymore, because in it, God reveals Himself in a new role - the role of a Father.

The Missing Piece
    While we have speculatively inserted Jehovah’s name 238 times in the NWT 2013 Edition, there are two other more significant numbers: 0 and 260. The first is the number of times Jehovah is referred to as the personal father of any human in the Hebrew Scriptures.[viii]
    ... In contrast, the second number, 260, represents the number of times Jesus and the Christian writers used the term ‘Father’ to depict the relationship Christ and his disciples enjoy with God.
    An Orphan No More!
    What a great truth Jesus was revealing! No longer is Jehovah simply God; to be feared and obeyed and yes, loved—but loved as a God not a father. Christ, the last Adam, opened the way for the restoration of all things. (1 Cor. 15:45) Now we can love Jehovah as a child loves a father. We can feel that special, unique relationship only a son or daughter can feel for a loving father.
    For thousands of years, men and women had wandered like orphans through life. Then along came Jesus to show us firsthand that we were no longer alone. We could rejoin the family, be adopted; orphans no more. This is what is revealed by the 260 references to God as our Father, a reality missing from the Hebrew Scriptures. Yes, we know God’s name is Jehovah, but for us he is papa! This wonderful privilege is open to all humankind, but only if we accept the spirit, die to our former way of life and are reborn in the Christ. (John 3:3)

And this is what the watchtower is taking away from it's followers: the right to be God's child, to see Him and have a relationship with Him like with a Father, the right to be Jesus's brother.

This article made me realize that God wants us to be more than His Witnesses, He wants us to be His Children and to be brought back into God's family. - and this is one of the roles of Jesus, to make this reunion possible.

All that separation the wt. created: the anointed, the brothers of Christ and the followers of the brothers of Christ, where did that all come from?

• jhine
    jhine

Control , control , control . All very carefully calculated .

Jan

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It could be that the NWT is written to sustain it's own agenda.
  • jhine
    jhine
    Definitely , Beth ..
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Yes, paradisebeauty.

YHWH was Gods old covenant name only. It was a Hebrew name for his chosen Hebrew race. That all changed at Pentecost when a person of any race could become an anointed son of the Father, who no longer wished to be referred to be Jewish letters and titles. That's why Jesus never once addressed the father as YHWH in scripture. And neither did Paul refer to the true God as YHWH in his famous speech at the Aeropagus in Acts 17. And why YHWH is absent from all extant NT texts.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    paradisebeauty
    For me the "aha" of the article was that in the new testament, God's name does not appear anymore, because in it, God reveals Himself in a new role - the role of a Father.

Not much of a father either eh?

What a waste of time..

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    YES!! It makes sense. I always wondered why Jesus never called ''God'' by His name. Good points,all!!!
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ fukitol

you are right

@GodZoo

He is an amazing and wonderful Father for me and He is for everyone who wants Him as a Father. To the rest, He gives them the right to be on their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit