There will be a Funeral service for Prince in the Kingdom Hall this sunday

by Farai 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I hope the family of Prince come out and embarrass the JW`s big time over this attempt to capitalize on his death.

I find it disgusting that they would stoop so low.

smiddy

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Just thought I'd mention.....I ran into a JW at Costco the other day and she hugged me and said everyone missus Mrs Zahut and I yadda yadda. Somehow we got onto the topic of Prince. She ( an elder's wife) mentioned on her own that she is very angry that the Society viewes him as "in good standing" when everyone else has to restrict pretty much every aspect of their lives to be considered such. She said she's writing an angry letter to the Society about this.

I'm sure she's not the only one. I've seen facebook comments to the same effect.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Surely sooner or later more and more people are going to see the double standards applied by the organization where celebrities and people with exceptional wealth are given a " get out of jail card " where by the average jane or joe Jehovah`s Witness is going to be hauled before the JC for a far less transgression.

Especially when such actions are taken against teenagers of the rank and file , yet adult celebrities are given a free pass.

smiddy

• startingover
    startingover
    If a member of the GB was one of the high profile guests, I wonder what the JW's would think of that?
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'll bet some of them have been secretly doing this at home already but since it's ok now, all the Brothers should turn up to the memorial wearing high heels, tight pants and eyeliner.

• millie210
    millie210
    Pete Zahut
    I'll bet some of them have been secretly doing this at home but since it's ok now, all the Brothers should turn up to the memorial wearing high heels, tight pants and eyeliner

Funniest thing I am going to read all day....even though it is early, I feel confident is saying this.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes, Millie - LOL re/Pete Zahut's comment! Best!! That is great and going to be tough for someone to top that comment.

They give Prince a pass since, after all, it's show biz which meant more bucks for them and who knows more about show biz and drama than the GB theatrical losers! I used to wonder why the JWs encouraged their teens to take drama and be on stage in school. Ahh, there's no business like show business.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Do you think the brother who will give the talk state the Prince had faded out pretty much from the faith in recent times ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Brother Nelson died from overdosing on pain medications ....... that's such a supportive acknowledgment for one of their faithfully devoted members !

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    Why? He has had a private family gathering for his cremation. How the WT has changed, not recognisable now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit