Today's Text - Jehovah Is SPEEDING Up The Work!

by Divergent 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Today's text:

Saturday, April 30

The little one will become a thousand and the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, will speed it up in its own time.—Isa. 60:22.

Worldwide, there are now well over 7,900,000 Witnesses, with millions more associating with them, especially during the annual observance of the Memorial. We do not boast in numbers, for it is ‘God who keeps making things grow.’ (1 Cor. 3:5-7) Nevertheless, it is evident that the great crowd is growing and becoming greater with each passing year. (Rev. 7:9) There has been remarkable growth in the number of God’s servants because Jehovah himself is backing his Witnesses. (Isa. 43:10-12) At one time, the anointed remnant were like “the little one,” but their number grew as other spiritual Israelites were brought into God’s organization. (Gal. 6:16) Because of Jehovah’s blessing over the years, the increase continues with the gathering of the great crowd. w145/15 4:7, 8

At this point, I'm thinking to myself: WTF did I just read???

Let's recap some of the statements made:

- Nevertheless, it is evident that the great crowd is growing and becoming greater with each passing year.

- There has been remarkable growth in the number of God’s servants because Jehovah himself is backing his Witnesses.

- Because of Jehovah’s blessing over the years, the increase continues with the gathering of the great crowd.

Seriously???

Here are how things are: Only 7 million+ out of 7 BILLION+ people would be saved at Armageddon, and JW's are giving Jehovah credit for this pathetic achievement???

Good job, Jehovah. Keep up the good work!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

We do not boast in numbers,

whaaaa? wait. Are they not publishing the "memorial numbers" this year? And excuse me :cough cough: the WTBTS does not boast in numbers? Seriously?

Those numbers are down are they not? Hmm easier to begin to ignore the numbers after name decades of publishing them then, and pridefully boast that "We do not boast in numbers".

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Trust us, there's remarkable growth! There's definitely no need to go plotting a graph or comparing current and past growth rates!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Legends in their own minds.

I agree with nonjwspouse, they may not reports numbers this year. I hope they don't. That would be a tell tale sign the numbers are truly decreasing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Worldwide, there are now well over 7,900,000 Witnesses, with millions more associating with them, especially during the annual observance of the Memorial. We do not boast in numbers,

.......................You Just Did..

...Image result for Dumbass

..........................And a Liar..

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jehovah is speeding up the work again?!

I reckon Jehovah is exceeding the speed limit, changing lanes without indicating and generally driving like a lunatic.

I think the celestial highway police should pull him over, breathalyse him and take points off of his licence.

• Divergent
    Divergent

LOL Outlaw!

Jehovah is speeding up the work again?!

I reckon Jehovah is exceeding the speed limit, changing lanes without indicating and generally driving like a lunatic.

I think the celestial highway police should pull him over, breathalyse him and take points off of his licence. 

Agreed, except for the "exceeding the speed limit" part. Jehovah is more likely to be the slow road-hogging bugger who is holding everybody up!

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    December 18, 2012

The Global Religious Landscape

Christians

Christians number 2.2 billion, or about one-in-three (32%) people worldwide. About half of all Christians are Catholic (50%). An estimated 37% of Christians belong to the Protestant tradition, broadly defined to include Anglicans as well as independent and nondenominational churches. The Orthodox Communion, including the Greek and Russian Orthodox, make up 12% of Christians. And people who belong to other traditions that view themselves as Christian (including Christian Scientists, Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses) make up about 1% of the global Christian population.7

Looks like Jehovah's witness are in last place 1% of the global Christian population. Statistically looks like God is with the Catholics. We need to start fact checking these truths!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We do not boast in numbers hey?

Huh? Yet the numbers you boast in are supposed to prove gods backing?

Yet the numbers are actually very small!

More people are born each year than come "into the truth". So the reality is, the longer the system goes on, the MORE people will be killed by God at the big A!?

Huh? How is that loving....?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Ok, so slowing down = speeding up. Gotcha. Is that the same as tacking in the wind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit