A Question: How About Praying for -or Including a Mention of - Covid-19 First Responders?

by Room 215 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215
    How do you think the congregation would react?
  • jhine
    jhine

Well any of the mainstream religions will be praying about this situation . l am Anglican and although we are not meeting in person due to the lockdown our local vicar is sending daily emails with people and situations to pray for and it always includes an aspect of the Covid19 situation .

Jan

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It seems to me a JW might think that praying specifically for God to help a non JW group would be a conflict of interest. They believe what’s happening is meant by God to take place and is justice being meted out to a wicked world. They’d only pray for Gods help and guidance to be directed toward the JW organization to wisely take advantage of whatever Satans world has to offer them in the way of assistance. Gods help is only for them. The rest of the world is being guided by Satan.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No way would a prayer offered at a meeting include such a comment. Don't forget that they are " No part of the world"

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    They will soon all be destroyed like split open chared hotdogs on a grill so why pray for them?
  • sir82
    sir82
    How do you think the congregation would react?

You'd see the elders moving faster than they do when the Golden Trough Corral puts out a fresh tub of mac-n-cheese on a Sunday afternoon, racing up the aisle to "have a talk in the back room" with the prayer-giver.

• minimus
    minimus

Sir, lol

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It really all depends on the tone.

I recall a dozen or so years ago at one of the annual meetings, that there had recently been a deadly typhoon or something (psunami?) that had affected many of the brothers in Asia.

During the prayer at the end of the meeting, the GB member (I can't recall which one) did mention the event, and said we are thankful for the help received from our brothers worldwide and the help that we are receiving from the agencies assisting in the disaster relief.

Of course the general tone was being thankful for the help "our brothers" are receiving and not the people in general but it was something I noted that you do not generally hear.

No particular name of any agency was mentioned but there was the recognition that outside support was coming in and we are thankful for it.

If a GB member or CO or strong elder in the congregation included things like that in a prayer, it would be acceptable. If a newer one or young MS repeated the exact same words there is the possibility that it could be brought to his attention. Maybe, maybe not.

Rub a Dub

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Paul said to pray for the King.

I think if you heard a bro pray for Joe Hoover to bless The Donald you'd see the shit hit the fan.

• waton
    waton
    Paul said to pray for the King.

DOC: I thought of that. this topic is about first responders. The reigning king of 1914 vintage is obviously not a first responder. he has sat by*** during the flu of 1918, and again now, 2019. Clearly bible recommended prayers are ineffective. besides in some places, like La belle Provence, the congregation would be praying for the army, it's good work of protection of the vulnerable in the miserably run senior homes.

*** correction: He has sanctioned his then still spirit directed organisation to wage the campaign: "------ Millions mow Living will Never Die" wt's vital contribution to fight the virus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit