Privacy

by Esmeralda001 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Esmeralda001
    Esmeralda001

I was even asked if I could cook and how Iwould I react if my husband offended me (this one got me lauging really hard). I'm not exagerating when I tell you that people in my congregation have some trust issues. For example, if i'm in a car with other sisters and texting somone, the person next to me will look over my shoulder and read the conversation. One time an elder's wife asked if she could read the content of my notebook. It was nothing too special. Just biblical related stuff, but she insisted anyway. Anyway, from now on I going to limit my assiciation with the friends. If they want to gossip, they will have to make up stories.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Id say, " this reminds me, everytime I am at a gathering with a bunch of JWs, they start asking me really intrusive questions. Is that a relugious duty, or am I just meeting a lot of rude people?"
  • Esmeralda001
    Esmeralda001
    Do you guys suggest that I keep to myself where I work?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Be careful Esmeralda001, these people seem REALLY up in your business. I don't want to see you get hurt but unfortunately that is probably in your future. You have to ask yourself why these people need to know so much about you. We spent our entire lives in this organization (50 years) and it won't get better. My advice...get out before you get hurt or are so deep in you can't escape.

Read Cognac's post about Forgiveness. This is how people in this organization treat even there closest family members. Something is seriously wrong here. Ask yourself the question, would Jehovah and Jesus treat others with a blatant lack of love. Even to the point of totally ignoring someone, as if they never existed. Google the Physiological effects of shunning and see what the experts say about how this form of abuse and bullying effects a person for a lifetime.

• jonza
    jonza

"For example, if i'm in a car with other sisters and texting somone, the person next to me will look over my shoulder and read the conversation..." "an elder's wife asked if she could read the content of my notebook..."

Wow, that is a total invasion of privacy right there. I would have told them to back the f**k off. That's extremely rude, there's no way I would allow anyone to do that to me.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS think they have the divine inspired right into deeply peer into everyone 's personal life.

People are closely watched and scrutinized when you get involved into this highly controlling religious cult.

Of course there is always the inquisitiveness of wanting to know somebody who you personally don't, but JWS want to know how potentially good of a JWS you are, your JWS personality or character is the most concerning observation.

Answer to this is don't get yourself involved in this relgoius cult, unless your willing to place yourself under a constant magnifying glass toward this examination or scrutiny

• Londo111
    Londo111

Esmeralda,

Jesus said, "By their fruits you will know them." (Matthew 7:15-20)

Judging from the 'fruits' you've observed of JWs so far, does it not tell you something about this organization?

You are still a 'Bible study', where they are still at the lovebombing stage attempting to draw you in, and yet they do this. Imagine when that lovebombing stops! It only gets worse from here.

• Esmeralda001
    Esmeralda001

I'm afraid that i'm already mentally trapped. I can definitely tell that something is wrong with this organization. I've seen so many red flags. But the truth is that I see those same red flags in adventice and baptist churches (it's even worse). It is my experience that when I'm in , i'm being bullied by influent members and when i'm out , i'm being tourmented by my conscience. Either way i'm unhappy, so I might as well stay in the org, be the nicest person that I can be, and wait for Yah to destroy Babylon the Great. If I'm in the wong place, God will forgive me because he knows what's in my heart. In the meantime, i'll try my best to avoid getting hurt. I'm preparing myself for further bullshit. It won't hurt as much because I know what to expect.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Esmeralda: I'm afraid that i'm already mentally trapped.

They only have authority and power over you if you give it to them.

This particular trap, or prison if you will, has no bars. This does not mean that it does not have a powerful hold over you, but it does mean you can live if only you will make up your mind to do so.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm being bullied by influential members and when I'm out , I'm being tormented by my conscience.

A religious cult that lies to cultivate its members and punish you for leaving after finding out about its lies and corruption is not a organization anyone should be in.

Its destructive to individuals as well humanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit