US & UK difference

by Olig 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

From what I have heard, a JC typically takes longer in the UK.

Each elder begins his questions with a Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

Rub a Dub

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Anna Maria the middle road is where all the fatalities occur.Lets not go their.

However the british have a stiff upper lip and the US have Trumped you all with the GB.

• dozy
    dozy

A lot also depends on your "standing" in the Org.

Elders are used to young people drifting out when they get into their older teens - they leave school , perhaps go to college or get a full time job - it happens all the time - and often it happens when they are move away from home , perhaps ( occasionally ) attending a different congregation etc so they kind of fall off the radar. Remember , over two thirds of JW kids leave. Frankly - most elders are usually too busy / lazy / disinterested / distracted / incompetent ( delete as required ) with more pressing congregation problems and the treadmill of Society workload to worry about the "sheep that strayed".

In my old congregation a 18 year old stopped attending & the elders knew absolutely nothing about it until the parents started making a fuss to the CO about how the elders didn't care. By then it was too late - the young guy had successfully moved on.

Totally different if you are an ms / elder / pioneer etc with many years as a JW - you are inevitably going to run into a lot of hassle , varying on the elders attitude and other circumstances ( such as how vocal you are about the Society etc. )

A classic example at the highest JW level was Ray Franz , ex GB member , who was hounded until he was eventually DFd when he was seen having a meal with a DAd person ( who happened to be his boss. ) Had he been a young guy like the original poster , I'm sure that he would have been left alone to fade without any repercussions.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Donkeys years ago I had a niece of about 13-14 years old caught smoking and was put on reproof ?

My sister in-law related to me that they had forgotten about her when she challenged them after so long a time she was still on re-proof after a couple of years.

Thankfully none of them still associate .they are well and truly out.

however one niece is still well and truly entrenched in the religion.

• Olig
    Olig

UK driving on the correct side of the road I agree. Fun fact (not sure on how true this is, but it makes sense to me)... I heard that we drive on the left side of the road due to the tradition of jousting, which meant that the right arm (typically the strongest) was in line with their opposers.

With regards JCs, I've never had one thankfully! One of my best mates was in one a while back... When he went outside after it had finished and he'd been Dfd, he looked at the nearest elder and went:

"Wow... Would you look at the stars out tonight! It really makes me think of stuff you know?"....

And the elder was saying "what what??"

My mate would say "just really awe inspiring things!"

"Like what?"

"Well... To me... It just looks like a giant pair of tits!"

Needless to say it didn't go down too well apparently!

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

The UK has saccumb to being sheeple. Like many on the left in the USA but we are holding the line for now. The Left has given to stupid ideology like glad handing Islam and letting in the hoards or invaders. Now electing a Muslim to mayor of Londumb and it shows with no go zones riots and murders and beatings. There are areas of Londumb where churches are vandalized and destroyed and Mosques are centers of activity. The liberal retards have done this to themselves but they take down the innocent with them with their stupid ideology. Now they have drop boxes that says save a life drop your knife and most stores do not sell kitchen knifes. The mayor idiot in charge Kahn has banned the showing of women's bodies on placards and advertising in line with his Muslim beliefs. Libtards have no good side. Libtards at their worst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit