Another one bites the dust?

by Black Sheep 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A long time JW wife left her husband, an elder, recently. When Mrs Sheep told me, I asked what happened. The black clouds of Mordor rolled over the hills of the Shire behind our house and I rapidly withdrew to my cave.

Later, I suggested, in wide eyed innocence, that she should give her a ring as she probably needs all the friends she can get at this time. The black clouds of Mordor rolled over the hills and I withdrew to my cave to make another brew.

Mrs Sheep would have met the lady's ex at a recent assembly, so I asked how he was getting on. "Not very happy, I have rung her." "How is she?" "Better than she has been in years" The black clouds of Mordor rolled over the hills and I withdrew to my cave to throw another frog into the brew.

TXT this morning from one of my kids, "Did you know that #### has left ### and dissed herself?"

The clouds rolled back, I grabbed the boat and went fishing.

Bad sunburn, good beer, nice fish.

• Panda
    Panda

Isn't Janet Frame (the poet) from NewZealand? Are you related?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think she lives down by my compost heap. I'll set up a web cam and see if I can spot her.

It might be something else, of course.

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Well, actually, I cheated.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Funny how that works isn't it? Another inactive and chronically ill JW lady's JW husband tires of her being ill and her reduced productivity in the kitchen, etc. Rather than help her out, her barrages her with threats of divorce when the kids all reach 18. Taunts her, asking if she can get welfare and foodstamps when he leaves her.Tries to control her with fear. Wonder where he got such a brilliant idea? She goes far away over the ocean to take someone home. Whilst there this JW husband ceases opportunity to strand her there and divorce her.

The outcome? He is still inactive, single, extremely bitter and incredibly unhappy; but he still swears JWs have truth. She is happier and more at peace than she ever has been, after reading Crisis Of Conscience and several exjw sites full of interesting info. She has found a wonderful worldly man who treats her far better than JW man ever did or could. The only sadness she feels is over the son that was caught in the crossfire and for now seems very lost.

Maybe, after all, there is a god.

Heather

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Black Sheep,

A familiar story, but what a strange way to tell it. I like it.

Heather,

Was that perhaps an autobiography?

Jst2laws

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, Blacksheep, very interesting way to weave a story.

Was that perhaps an autobiography?

Jst2laws

Se la vie, said the old folks: it goes to show you never can tell.

Heather

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have no idea why she got out. Maybe she realises it's shonky, or maybe, like me, she just couldn't hack it and so will spend future years with a guilt complex.

I have no way of finding out. Dark looks from my wife warn me that it is none of my business. We seldom talk about religion, but she knows that I have recently changed from long term drifted to educating myself in debunking WT nonsense with their own literature.

Our families are about the same age, so I will probably find out through the kids.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Ah, Millais - my favourite Pre-Raphaelite!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit