Great crowd article @ september study Watchtower

by Gorbatchov 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Has anyone read the article about the Great crowd in the september study Watchtower?

I read an Elephant in the room. Is there a change comming?

It feels that it's just a starter article for anonther issue of the study edition.

Could be about 144000.

What's your opinion?

G.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Could you post bits that you give you the thinking there may be a change?

• sir82
    sir82

I skimmed through the article - I don't see anything laying the groundwork for a future change, though anything is possible, I suppose.

To me, it seems more like an attempt to stem the ever-growing number of Memorial "partakers" - it's well over 20,000 now, and even the most brain-dead JW has to realize that well over 144,000 have claimed the "heavenly hope" since 1879, let alone the 10's or 100's of thousands of Christians alive before 100 AD.

For example, there is this sentence:

Those of the great crowd are grateful for the hope Jehovah has given them. They do not feel left out because they are not anointed by God’s spirit to serve with Jesus in heaven. Throughout the Scriptures, we read of men and women of faith who were deeply influenced by holy spirit; yet they are not part of the 144,000.

I.e., "stop partaking, you numbskulls".

• steve2
    steve2

If anything, the article doubles-down on the "144,000 for heaven and great crowd, earth" doctrine.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religion is about spinning information to suit the support of an ideology or theology as it were.

The Overlapping Generation created by the WTS's heads is a good example of that.

Maybe they'll come out and state that since the 144,000 must be men who have not defiled themselves with women, that means there is still now room for more who make up the 144,000 for they must be virgin men. ( Revelation 14 : 4 )

• waton
    waton
    the 144,000 for they must be virgin men. ( Revelation 14 : 4 ) F

or be executed by the axe or guillotine for witnessing for Jesus, talking about God. (Revelation 20:4)

The issue is not, that not everybody can be a ruler, but

That all, ruler and ruled from this talking snake planet need "forgiveness of sin", and the partaking of the bread and wine are supposed to be the symbol, a requirement of that. ( John 6 ).

The obvious fix is to have all partake.

That fixes the story of the snake

Let the rulers stick out their necks, remain virgins. (not necessarily in that order).

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Seeing that we may be revisiting the 144,000 doctrine, I thought it would be the right time to remention how this idea is linked to the 'sealing' cutoff year of 1935. While it may appear that problem is the ever growing number of people who claim to be of the heavenly class, the real issue at hand the age of the Governing Body members themselves and their authority to govern, or more exactly, their own personal right to claim being anointed. This is because, despite a real shyness to mention the date of births of Governing Body members, only Samuel Herd really qualifies being on the Governing Body, by being born on or before that year. So something has to give ... either the literal nature of the 144,000 or the 1935 cutoff year teaching.

What the Governing Body with do in their infinite wisdom, who knows. But every year they wait, the more pronounced the problems will be.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Anointed were generally supposed to be dedicated, baptised (and anointed) before 1935, not just born before 1935. I think Jack Barr was the last serving GB member to meet this strict qualification: he was born in 1913, baptised in 1934, and died in 2010.

I wonder who was the first GB member who was baptised after 1935? Possibly Raymond Franz, baptised 1939, and appointed in 1971. I think the rest of the the 1971 GB were baptised before 1935. (Although I have not checked)

Of the 1974 intake, Ted Jaracz was baptised after 1935, maybe others too, and increasingly after that.

• alanv
    alanv

The 1935 date has now gone from Watchtower doctrine. It was scrapped 12 years ago

Watchtower 2007 5/1 pp30,31

Some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

This cult is reactionary now and only changes things do to running out of time or do to some court case that exposes them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit