Rejection by a Six Year Old

by CountryGuy 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I have to share an experience, and I'm sure it won't be mentioned at the KH on Thursday night!!

This morning while eating breakfast with my parents and my six year old nephew at a local fast food restaurant, some JWs came in for their morning break. My folks and I are all inactive, so I leaned over and said, "I hope they didn't see us." They did. I guess as a way to keep their time going during break, they came over to the table to say hello and encourage us to come back to the meetings ("We sure do miss you.") One older brother that always gave me the creeps as a kid, reached into his bookbag and pulled out the Great Teacher book and handed it to my nephew. (I guess he was thinking easy placement or something.) My nephew takes the book, looks at it, looks at my parents, looks at me and then hands it back to the brother. "No thanks. I don't like this." He then asks if he can go play in the playground area. I took him there as fast as I could. Hoping I wouldn't burst out laughing before I was out of earshot! What a great day today was!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO!!!

• bebu
    bebu

...And a little child shall lead them...

You have a very sharp nephew! You must be very proud!!

bebu

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I AM!!!! I just wish my sister could have been there!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Out of the mouths of babes. nothing so refreshing as childrens honesty.

CGirl

• shamus
    shamus

Awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! I am giggling.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

splendid !!

How was the brothers face ?

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

priceless ! ! !

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good story, Thanks for posting it.

One way I read a room of Witnesses is to watch the children. I know how the parents speak of me by watching how the children relate to me. The children have not learned how to be good at being dishonest. If the children look at me like they look at a scary picture, it tells me how the parents talk about me behind my back. It helps to pay attention how children of friends relate to me.

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

HAHAHA, thats to comical for words. I'd be to scared to do something like that!

Give him a BIG hug for me...lol I'm in stiches!

-¤-*C.C*-¤-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit