I am just curious... Is there any studies/statistics that back up that Bush

by Country Girl 15 Replies latest social current

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

is in there for the oil? I am, unfortunately, a middle of the road libertarian married to a hard core Republican. He says that Bush is NOT in there for the oil, but I think he is. Unfortunately, I am stupid enough that I have nothing to back this up, I just feel it, which is the unfortunate inheritance of sensitive people. He says that *all* that Bush went in there for was to take down the Saddam regime. I don't believe that. The Saddam regime was there for decades, and they didn't care about it before, did they? Originally, we had the war on Afghanistan to stop Osama.. and now they could care less about Osama, and they are after Saddam. There were NO WMD found, and now.. what the heck? Now our guys are getting blown up left and right from suicide bombers for NO REASON. We have NO REASON to be there anymore. THe people of Iraq are perfectly able to take care of their own government: they have been doing it for thousands of years. The US has NO business being there, none at all, except to help them rebvuild a country that WE have devastated. Good God. Will our President ever get a clue and find out that we WANT to get along with people? We don't want to get in fights. We fought what we had to fight for two hundred years ago: freedom of speech, religion.etc. When we had a REASON to fight, we fought hard and long and we won. We should let OTHER countries fight their OWN fights against oppressiveness. They will, when they get fed up with it. There's HUNDREDS of countries that have human rights abuses.. but we don't go get into it with THEM.

CG

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

It's all just more lies from the radical white right wingers. Look at how many barrels of oil are being shipped to the US today in their quest for more and more of the world's resources.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

What I am curious about, Dakota, is where are the articles to back this up? I always tell my husband this, and he constantly says "Show me the proof." What I want to know is where is the proof? Where can I find it? I am almost CERTAIN Bush wouldn't have attacked Iraq if there was no gain in it for him and/or his cronies. I am almost positive it was for the oil.. but I have gotten into SO many arguments with husband about this and I need to back it up with credible proof, but don't know where to look.

CG

• heathen
    heathen

I think it is more and more obvious that control of the oil was a main factor involved . Although they have found no evidence that saddaam had weapons of mass destruction they were aware that oil was being sold on the black market and sadaam may have been weeling and dealing with N. Korea for nuclear weapons grade material . It's a no win scenario tho , if sadaam is still alive he is no doubt planning these attacks and will no doubt try something even more drastic eventually . I can't help but think of all the oil wells he lit on fire after the gulf war .

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Just tell your husband the proof is in the pudding. Look how our skyrocketing gas prices dropped right after Saddam was vanquished. Surely that can't be a coincidence.

• Simon
    Simon

It is not so much the oil as the money.

The oil may be sold and may not go to the USA directly but the money it generates then goes to the companies that were awared contracts for all the things that were destroyed in the war (except the oil ministry, that was surprisingly untouched).

People are getting rich from this war, make no mistake. They are getting rich from the blood of their fellow country men.

• ah hahaha
    ah hahaha

I have a mountain of proof it is all for the oil, currency and world domination, but the guidlines say I can't give that info out... LOL

I could make you well armed to debate your hubby

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Ah hahhahha:

That would be greatly welcomed! Would you please send me a few fairly credible, solid examples through a PM? I would dearly love to be able to make this statement to him with some good foundational evidence that is unbiased and easily verifiable. If not, I can send you my personal email address through a PM. Thank you much in advance!

CG

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    What I am curious about, Dakota, is where are the articles to back this up? I always tell my husband this, and he constantly says "Show me the proof." What I want to know is where is the proof? Where can I find it? I am almost CERTAIN Bush wouldn't have attacked Iraq if there was no gain in it for him and/or his cronies. I am almost positive it was for the oil.. but I have gotten into SO many arguments with husband about this and I need to back it up with credible proof, but don't know where to look.

Just curious CG, why do you hold this belief if you don't have evidence for it? Shouldn't the evidence come first?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Country Girl

If you got a chance and watched Bill Moyers Now on PBS last night you would have got a better sense as to what is behind the war in Iraq.

http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/defenseaccount.html

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit