by new boy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Rick Fearon's Six Screens podcast:

Interview with ExJW Randall Watters 7/11/2020

"He tells his story of homelessness 1 Hr 10 Min in."

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for sharing that betterdaze. What a sweet interview. He sounded good and I sure hope he’s okay.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That link to Randy’s story, on the previous page , is a good worthwhile read. It gives a great insight to life in Bethel in the ,70s.... we used to quite regularly have posters who had a background in Bethel but we don’t hear it now.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Randy's story linked elsewhere on this post bring back a lot of memories to me. I was never in Bethel, but had a family member who was there about that time. He probably knew Randy, though I don't remember him ever mentioning his name. Curious that Randy mentions 34 Orange. I actually stayed all night one night there. It was a no-no to allow non-Bethelites to stay in the rooms, but 34 Orange was well out of the way and nobody noticed. I think I slept on the floor, but it was only one night and I don't recall exactly.

34 Orange was a separate house with an apartment on each of its floors (I think 4 floors, maybe 5). The Society had a few of the floors, but not all. The worldly residents would complain when the Bethel boys made a lot of noise, or grilled food on an outside balcony.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

So in that podcast 2 years ago he said that his computers were stolen from him and with it all the stuff that he had on his website. :(

And here he wrote 5 months ago, still hasn't gotten any of it back:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Unhappy_Sport_905/comments/

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was able to access at least part of the old freeminds.org website on the Wayback Machine.

Hope it works. It would be nice if the ex-JW community still had this easily available.

I tried to link it here, but it doesn't work, at least not on my tablet.

I did go to that site and typed www.freeminds.org and it brought up archived pages.

Snakes

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He wrote a couple of short books, I think, one titled something like “What Really Happened at Bethel?” And “Thus Saith The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses”. The second seems to still be for sale, but I can’t find the first. Did I imagine it? He also published a newsletter about JWs for a while. I can’t remember the name of that either. I think a lot of the website content was first issued in the newsletter. It would be good to have all these items in an archive. Maybe Atlantis has already done it but don’t want to presume Atlantis has to do all the work all the time.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Thanks Snakes. Wow, looks like almost the whole site can be found that way, I was even able to download some audio files there.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Nostromo...I tried both links but I'm getting a placeholder web page. Any tricks to pulling up the archived site? Thanks!

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

First go here: https://archive.org/web/

Then search for "www.freeminds.org"

Then pick a year, for example 2015 and click that and then choose a date from the calendar that has a blue background, like 5 February. When you put the cursor on that, a little box pops up. It says "1 snapshot", click the number below that. And the website opens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit