I Got Very Stange JW Doorknocker Yesterday

by pale.emperor 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I had an ex-JW uncle of mine visiting me yesterday from another part of the country. I usually only ever see him at weddings and funerals but we keep in touch on Facebook. We were catching up in my place with his wife when about an hour into the visit there's a knock on my door, this was about 4pm.

Strange... the only people who ever knock without calling me first are the postman and my ex-wife.

I open the door and it's a face I recognize from my last congregation. He's about 70yo and was one of those members that goes to the KH, sits at the back and never goes out in service. A loner.

Confused as I am I'm polite and warm to him. Then I notice that he's clearly drunk or something and he says "I know I'm not supposed to talk to you..."

I interrupted with "You can do what you want you're full grown man".

Then goes into a rambling rant about "the truth" and "the world" and "sticking to our decisions". He claimed that people in "the world" would slit your throat as soon as look at you. Also that he would never keep the kind of company that I keep.

Obviously I didn't want a visit like this but I couldn't resist the urge to debunk his views. I told him that doesn't make any sense. And he doesn't know the company I keep. He replied that he only has to look at people in the world and see what they're like. That someone last week was shot in the street.

By this point I'd remembered that this conversation is pointless and a waste of my time. So I politely told him that I have family here, that I wish him a good evening and began to close the door. He looked at me surprised and said "what family?!!" (because surely they should be shunning me).

I bid him farewell again and closed the door. From the window and seen him shrug to himself and walk away.

Very strange.

I'm tempted to write to the congregation telling them not to send any more drunk members to my home, but then I'm not actually bothered about getting him into trouble. Poor guy is probably turning to alcohol to survive being in a cult.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sounds like he is having doubts himself, thought maybe you could enlighten him.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Sounds like he is having doubts himself, thought maybe you could enlighten him.

Normally I would, but in this case I had guests. The days of me caring about JWs are over. If they want to wake up they need to go through the process like we all did - doubt, research, take action.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

As always you were polite to this man and I feel that is the key to wake those trap in the cult.. Sounds like he needs a AA meeting instead of a Cult are us meeting. Lol. Take care Pale hope you had a good visit with your uncle. Still Totally ADD

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Man, your experiences with these brainwashed idiots just keep getting weirder and weirder. I think at this point I'd tell them all to toss off.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sounds like he is lonely and obviously 'not himself'. He has embraced all of the JW propaganda and loses himself in alcohol. Certainly not a critical thinker if he buys into an alternative reality about how bad the world is.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

He probably had a few to drum up courage to visit you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Giordano - "...He has embraced all of the JW propaganda and loses himself in alcohol..."

One often leads to the other, from what I've seen. :smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

Fascinating "experience" - and not one you'd hear from the platform or read in the literature!

Perhaps I am made of sterner stuff but I would have told him to come back when he's sober.

• asp59
    asp59

If you wanted to shook him Up. You should have asked if JWs är so loving, how many times have other JWs in his congregation invited him to there homes? That would have been a Good conversatio starter 😎

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit