JW women have 4400 % higher chance of dying of obstetric Hemorrage. Study

by Faraon 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Faraon
    Faraon

Euphemism,

Your link does not work. It reads as

http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm&e=912

but it only directs you to google search.

I played with it and came to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

It talks about how masturbation may reduce the risk of cancer. Is this it?

• little witch
    little witch

LOL Good one, Euph!!!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Thanks, Faraon! The link has been corrected.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Patio,

Faulty rationale: This statistic could be connected back to Genesis that says a woman's pangs of childbirth would be increased. Childbirth became more dangerous at the same time. And therefore, the death rate from bleeding could be part of the punishment on Eve and womankind. It's a stretch and it doesn't seem the WT would officially make it. However, I can see other fundamentalists doing it. Actually, i could see individual JWs rationalizing it that way.

Actually, I think that this is statistic has a low sample, but if two out of twenty women died during childbirth due to hemorrhaging, it translates to a ten percent chance of death if there is a hemorrhage present. This is unacceptable when compared to the general population. It shows the blood on their hands, and that JWs have no conscience, since the GB acts as their only way of judging life-and-death situations.

For a long time I have seen that text as suspect because it implies that the mythological Eve had a previous child. You cannot increase the pain, unless that pain had previously been present. If Eve never had childbirth pains before the original punishment, the mythological Jewish god of war should?ve simply said that it would give Eve pains.

Elsewere,

Who are we to question a book publishing company's Jehover's arrangement?

True but funny.

Breakingbenjamin

Eve was no longer a witness when she bore children....

If you mean a Jehovah?s Witness, they were not invented until demented Rutheford, a rumored alcoholic, who was so jealous of Russell that he had pictures of Jesus without a beard.

BluesBrother

500 in 100,000 = 1 in 200 JW "Sisters" die when they go into labour.

I must have known a lot more than 200 successful pregnancies in my time in the org. and thankfully none of them died or had ,as far as I know, serious complications

Yes, the sample is small, but it could be higher, or lower. It could be higher in places where medical science is not at par with first world countries. It could be lowered by some JWs hiding their religion when giving birth. The problem is that JWs hide what they know when it is not convenient to them, as it is the case in suicides or Child molestation.

Researchers found that 6% of 332 JWs studied experienced obstetrical hemorrhage.

This means that 20 out of 332 studied women experienced maternal hemorrhaging (332*0.06=19.92)

Two out of the twenty died. It means that ten percent of those hemorrhaging died.

I get 602.41 deaths per 100,000. (2/332=0.00602409), Which would bring the sample even higher, but there may also have been some stillborns in the birthing process.

Czar,

I can't actually think of ANY witness women who died in childbirth. I don't think this is a valid stat. the sample might be skewed.

Well, now you know of at least two.

How many JW / XJW suicides do you know about?

I never knew of any until I explored the Internet. Those people claim to be in the truth because they hide it.

Never go to a car dealership having for a name "Honest Abe's"

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I believe it!..

I had to have emergency surgery (In the same area...) to correct what a Dr screwed up during a previous surgery..being a JW I told them "No Blood"..well I was laying in the ER..they had put me on and examining table and left me..hemmoraging!

Another guy came in complaining of chest pains..well I laid there bleeding to death while they ran tests on him..turned out he had gas! They gave him a bicarbonate ..he burped..and they sent him home.

Then they got around to me..examined me again..said to admit me..took me to a room..it was a redone utility room as they were swamped for some reason..I finally got my bed..took me for surgery to correct his mistake.I.Later found out the first Dr had sewed me up with the wrong thread and they had desolved...my wounds were wide open!l

Fast forward to waking up in the recovery room..a male nurse was standing over me and told me that he noticed I was a JW and found out my blood was dangerously low!..I had a IV in each hand. All they gave then was that dextrose stuff..I was weak fro a long time but he hinted I could have died!

When I went home I could hardly walk I was so weak..it took a good 3 or 4 months to get some strength back..thank goodness for my Mom coming to watch the kids and fix dinner. The JW's had disappeared.. Course it was by their recommendation that I went to that Dr in the first place!

(I later learned his nickname in the hospitals was Dr Butcher!)

Snoozy...Who if she hadn't of been a JW that was so forgiving..would have sued his pants off! how stupid I was...I was just glad to be alive!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit