JW women have 4400 % higher chance of dying of obstetric Hemorrage. Study

by Faraon 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Faraon
    Faraon

http://www.ffrf.org/fttoday/dec01/other.html

Multiplying sorrow. Women who are Jehovah's Witnesses have a 44-fold greater risk of maternal death due to obstetric hemorrhage than do other women. Researchers found that 6% of 332 JWs studied experienced obstetrical hemorrhage, two of whom died, yielding an average maternal mortality rate of 521 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births, compared to 12 maternal deaths for non-JWs per 100,000 live births. Source: Mount Sinai Medical Center Study; American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oct. 2001

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

But I am sure Jehovah is proud of them...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't worry, no one Jehover will correct this in his own due time.

Who are we to question a book publishing company's Jehover's arrangement?

• patio34
    patio34

Faulty rationale:

This statistic could be connected back to Genesis that says a woman's pangs of childbirth would be increased. Childbirth became more dangerous at the same time. And therefore, the death rate from bleeding could be part of the punishment on Eve and womankind.

It's a stretch and it doesn't seem the WT would officially make it. However, I can see other fundamentalists doing it. Actually, i could see individual JWs rationalizing it that way.

Pat

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

YHWH punishing woman in that way and all her yet unborn children many who die stillborn is ????? I don't know how to respond anymore.Genesis??? Two different versions,accounts,hear say,hand me down info.????The physical suffering of woman,breast cancer etc. ( my sister died from this ).Who in their right mind would take a beautiful woman and cause untold suffering to come upon her.???God???

Blueblades

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Correct my quick maths if I am wrong.

500 in 100,000 = 1 in 200 JW "Sisters" die when they go into labour.

I must have known a lot more than 200 successful pregnancies in my time in the org. and thankfully none of them died or had ,as far as I know, serious complications

It makes me wonder about just how representative their sample of casees was . It does not appear to be bourne out in real life.

• little witch
    little witch

The uterus being a vascular organ, these stats would bear up. Also, for men, prostate surgury would be very dangerous for jw's, as it is a dangerously invasive surgery to have. I understand the surgery causes great blood loss, and transfussion is often necessary.

Can you imagine being on the governing body, and having blood on your hands? How do those foolish, foolish men sleep at night?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

How about being on the Governing Body, having prostate surgery, and needing blood? Now that would be an interesting situation.

Or maybe the GB have all protected themselves against cancer...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I can't actually think of ANY witness women who died in childbirth. I don't think this is a valid stat. the sample might be skewed.

CZAR

• little witch
    little witch

Heck yes! That would bring some "new light" would it not?

No actually, prostate problems effect something like 75 percent of men over 50.

I would imagine that the GB have this surgery all the time, with transfussion, and keep it quiet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit