Hello

by TheAceInhibitor 10 Replies latest jw friends

• TheAceInhibitor
    TheAceInhibitor

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for a while, but I figured I should say hello and introduce myself. I haven't been attending the meetings for a couple months now and I'm a graduate pharmacist. I look forward to getting to know people

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Welcome

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi there, saw your post to @rebelfighter, nice to have another professional on the board....kind of you to lend your support to your EXJW or " awake" family! Anyway nice to meet you, be good to hear more about you, especially how you got around the Watchtower proscription ( see what I did there!) of higher education, whenever you feel ready and comfortable to do so of course.😀

• TheAceInhibitor
    TheAceInhibitor

Thank you for the kind welcome :)

Thats hilarious lol, are you in the medical field as well? I don't really mind talking about it at all. My parents weren't 100% supportive of me going off to school, but they also didn't completely try to stop me. Though it was hard the first year doing things on my own. I didn't get much support moving to a city by myself and the only way I was able to get them to come around was promising to attend meetings. They actually found someone in the new town who would come and pick me up on meeting nights so that I always attended

• jaydee
    jaydee

Hi there. ... nice to meet ya ..

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Wr3XydtMLYj2MWLA_-VjzFX6mwbLhbUpP6YzZaZoZmpX_AExPw

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

Nice to meet you , welcome

• steve2
    steve2

Nice to meet you AceInhibitor. I left school/college without qualifications as a good born-in JW. It was only after I left that I went to university and eventually completed my PhD in Psychology. Needless to say, my JW parents tried to dissuade me but eventually accepted my choice - although by then I had dissassociated myself from my local congregation. Be good to hear more about your background if and when you're able to share.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A very warm welcome Ace.

Have an enlightening time here!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome, AceInhibitor. My father, a fervent anti-Witness, insisted I finish my studies. Today I am very thankful that he did. That was always my excuse when questioned: "My father made me do it." I wish I could have thanked him for allowing me to develop my brain.

• truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree

Hello and welcome!

I hope this site proves to be immensely helpful to you as it has to all of us. Sounds like you have done well in taking control of your own life and making something of yourself. Well done 😀.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit