Sometimes I am very puzzled ...!!!

by fulltimestudent 18 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Recently the extremely smart (so he tells us) but comparatively inexperienced person, elected by the very smart people who live in the USA, to be their President, announced that he was limiting ties with Qatar (a small Arab state in the Middle East) on the grounds that they were supporting terrorism.

And yet, the very next day, he authorises the sale of twelve billion US dollars worth of modern American fighters (F15s) to that small state, in which is located ...

" ... the biggest US military base in the Middle East, Al Udeid. Ten thousand American personnel are there, many of them prosecuting the air war against Isis in Syria and Iraq. "

Quoted from the UK magazine, The Spectator. (Reference: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/donald-trumps-big-trouble-in-little-qatar/ )

How did this man fool so many Americans into thinking that he was so 'smart?'

Footnote: My original source was a news story in the UK Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-qatar-weapons-deal-12-billion-day-accuse-terrorism-saudi-arabiaqatar-signs-loa-for-the-a7790956.html?cmpid=facebook-post

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Actually this deal was drafted during the Obama administration and passed through congress. - though I am not familiar with the full details of this deal.

• just fine
  • just fine
    just fine

Is there any comment you would like to make about Obama and his supporters?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Mr Trump has 'cancelled' some 'deals' made by previous American regimes. Why not this one? Particularly if Qatar does support terrorism, as Trump claims? Which claim is not at all clear.

Many claims have been made that Saudi Arabia supports terrorism also. Does it? If it does, why does Trump create the impression that Saudi Arabia does not support terrorism? And why does he sell arms to the Saudi's?

• just fine
    just fine

You tried to insult the intelligence of millions of American people with a false narrative about how Trump made the deal to sell weapons to Qatar. He didn't, Obama did, but according to your narrative it's still his fault.

There is no easy way to extract ourselves from the base in Qatar, although there is a growing movement pushing for that.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I asked a question, since Trump has felt free to cancel other agreements made by a previous administration, why did he not cancel this one?

Is there an answer to my question?

Beyond that, is there any genuine evidence that Qatar really does support terrorism?

• Chook
    Chook

It's all a Jewish conspiracy to keep the Arab fighting amongst themselves. Follow the money.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    just fine: You tried to insult the intelligence of millions of American people with a false narrative about how Trump made the deal to sell weapons to Qatar.

First, there is no 'false narrative" about Trump.

I posted:

"And yet, the very next day, he authorises the sale of twelve billion US dollars worth of modern American fighters (F15s) to that small state"

The only possible error in that comment, is just when Trump authorised the sale to Qatar. As I previously posted, he could've refused to honor the deal, just as he has refused to let other deals go ahead. So if the Qatar government is aiding 'terrorists,' why not refuse to let the deal stand?

On his recent visit to Saudi Arabia, Mr Trump negotiated a huge arms deal with the Saudi Arabia. But in an Australian newspaper owned by one of Mr. Trump's wealthy media friends in the USA, (Mr Rupert Murdoch), Saudi Arabia is named as the source of funds to build Jihadi schools in Indonesia.

See: http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/university-of-terror-the-jihadi-school-on-australias-doorstep-funded-by-donald-trumps-friend-saudi-arabia/news-story/267fcd2904925182cc3092833efff0f2

So why doesn't Mr Trump name Saudi Arabia as a supporter of terrorism? And, if the Saudi's are building and financing Jihardi schools in Indonesia, why sell them so many arms? Is it because the Saudis are the source of so much western oil?

2. Your claim that I insulted the intelligence of the American people.

Umm! I'm sure you understand that 'intelligence' is not distributed evenly through any population group. Hence in the USA there will be people with a high IQ (Intelligence Quotient) some with an average IQ and some with a below average IQ.

I should clarify the term IQ. Here's one definition:

intelligence quotient
    noun: a number representing a person's reasoning ability (measured using problem-solving tests) as compared to the statistical norm or average for their age, taken as 100.

I do not know the statistical average IQ of Trump voters. Do you? But if we think of the words, reasoning ability, problem-solving skills, and perhaps cognitive skills. Do you imagine that the people who voted for Mr Trump, would fit into a 'high IQ level, an average IQ level, or a low IQ level?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Qatar doesn't benefit in any way by promoting terrorism. Tiny country, minimal military power except by proxy (us al-udeid) and greatly benefits from the peace found in that nation. I really don't get this. And my IQ tested just fine, thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit