What age were you when you were counted as a publisher?

by OrphanCrow 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Publisher age 5 baptised age 14. Too young for either

• George One Time
    George One Time

Publisher and theorcratic ministry school at 5 and baptized at 13.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What age were you when you were counted as a publisher?

Image result for six

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I have 4 kids, all minors, and all became "publishers" without my knowledge. The oldest 2 are not publishers any longer. I won't say ages.

I have no idea how they managed to count time. They used to go out in organised field service but current circumstances prevent that. I doubt if any of their classmates know; in fact the oldest one recently told me as much.

It is such a joke. It is obviously about generating favorable statistics. I wouldn't surprise me if the cat was a publisher as well.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

My JW baptism in the mid 1980s was quite strange and unique. I was a child and had not yet been approved as a publisher. In fact no announcement was ever made in my entire life that "so-and-so is now an unbaptized publisher."

To complicate matters I had already previously been baptized as a child into my mother's religion and have actually never renounced this.

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

Publisher at _. Baptized at_. Never made it that far studying for almost 10 years lol. Let's just say I wasn't well-liked and my beliefs were 'different'.

• freddo
    freddo

In the late 1960's I can't remember what they called unbaptised publishers. I know there was an "approved associate" stage but I think that was a bit later.

I remember being taught by the Congregation Servant and attempting to use three scripture sermons when I was about 9 years old in 1970.

Baptised at 17.

• schnell
    schnell

I was 12, I think. I dunno.

Oh yeah, did you guys know you were supposed to actually remember the date you were baptized? Because I didn't care to. I thought they were kidding and it didn't sound like useful information to 14 year old me. I found out what it was years later when we moved to a new hall and the overseer really really wanted to know.

I've never had that happen before or since, either, so I wonder if he was just "recovering" my cards and needed to know the right date to write in.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Watchtower 15.08.2011 S. 22 Questions from readers:

Peak publishers and average publishers. “Publishers” includes baptized Witnesses of Jehovah as well as unbaptized ones who qualify to be Kingdom preachers. “Peak publishers” is the highest number reporting for any one month of the service year and may include late reports that were not added to the preceding month’s report. In this way some publishers may be counted twice. However, the peak figure does not include the number of publishers who actually shared in the ministry but forgot to report. This emphasizes the importance of each publisher reporting promptly each month. “Average publishers” is the typical number of different ones reporting time in the ministry each month.

So as fast as possible.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Publisher at 10, baptized at 13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit