What age were you when you were counted as a publisher?

by OrphanCrow 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The WTS has always included minors and adults in the same categories - publisher and baptized.

I am interested in knowing how many minors, approximately, are included in the publisher count. And, at what age a person started publishing. What age was the youngest publisher reported?

For those who were baptized, too, at what age did you get baptized?

I was never baptized but, years ago when I was a kid, most born-ins got baptized in their mid teens. And the publisher count had almost as many minors as it did adults. Has that changed?

• Steel
    Steel

I have seen 4 and 5 year olds counted prior to a CO visit. Its a great way to get the numbers up.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Publisher at 13, baptised at 15.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Publisher at 10; baptized at 16 (My non-JW dad made me wait, otherwise I would have been babtized years earlier.)

• sparky1
    sparky1

My mother told me that I was going from door to door alone in our neighborhood at 4 years old. I don't know exactly when I was counted as a publisher because my mother always made out my time slip when I was little. My guess would be that I was counted as a publisher at around 8 years old. Baptized at 15 on January 30, 1971 at a Circuit Assembly in Nashua, N.H. and the rest, as they say, 'is history'.....................

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Pub at 5 or 6, dunked at 10.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was around 5 when I started counting time and giving talks and got baptized at 17. I can still remember the introduction of my first talk.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Not a born in. Converted at 14; publisher at 14; baptized at 15.

I still remember my first day in field service. My first rejecting "householder" and the elder I was studying with at my side.

• schnell
    schnell

One elder who'd like to have a certain conversation with me was proud that his youngest daughter got baptized at the last assembly. She must be 8 or 9, home schooled, this is all she knows, and he's proud that she agreed to an oral contract for the rest of her life. He was happy to tell me this.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Publisher at 6 and baptized at 14.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit