What Was Your Biggest Gripe About The Elders???

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

After reading some of the pain that you've gone through, in many cases, the elders weren't there at all for you. I'm wondering what your biggest complaint about the elders is.

• dottie
    dottie

The pompous holier than thou attitude....that and their oversized briefcases and bookbags.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

That they never were able to admit they were wrong....

Well, one specific elder made an obvious very big mistake that insulted me and my family and none of the other elders agreed with my statement that he never should have said anything like that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    and their oversized briefcases and bookbags.

Do I detect a hint of Bookbag Envy?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They were always wondering why all the people were afraid of them.

I remember how they were always giving talks about how no one had anything to fear of the elders... they were only there to help after all.

The simple fact that they had to keep reminding people that there was nothing to fear of them raises all sorts of red flags with me.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Some acting like they cared, others thought their crap didn't stink.

• mizpah
    mizpah

Their arrogance!

• gumby
    gumby

My biggest gripe was they weren't 'spiritual minded' enough in my book when I also was an Elder.

I remember the P.O. asking the Elder body to each write down some things to discuss with the C.O. that our congregation could use some pointers on. When the time came for his visit and that moment came around, none of the brothers had written anything to discuss but myself. It was like pulling teeth to get them to go on sheparding calls, and the last thing they wanted to chew the fat about was the bible.

Perhaps my congregation was a weak one......but this is how it was at least with me.

Gumby

• Mulan
    Mulan

The meetings were so boring and just poorly planned. All the talks seemed to be "off the cuff" and I thought the elders should deal with that issue.

And the favoritism to their own family members just galled me. (of course we were right in the thick of it too, so I shouldn't complain)

• franklin J
    franklin J

LOL @ Elsewhere...bookbag envy!

Arrogance.

I remember the ARROGANCE of the elders; and their presumptuous and pretentious attitude ( very Jehovahs Witness) that THEY had all the answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit