750 000$ for KH that will be never constructed ?

by keinlezard 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

I Watch a video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkMVL9YFva4

at 14:00 they tell that WT take 750 000 $ too a crongregation ... it's so amazing

I wonder if it's real ... even I trust this 2 persons ... I've you got another sources ???

Best Regards

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

When Lafontaine Hall was built in St-Jérome Qc. in 2006 one of the elders suggested taking out personal loans to cover the new build.. Not one of us knew that the hall would be eventually commandeered by the WTBTS.. I'm not sure the still in there even now know. Great vid Mike and Kim !

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

The email Kim is reading is one I sent her about the Clinton Twp. Kingdom Hall.

This story is in fact true as I was doing accounts when all this went down. 6 different congregations collaborated and came up with over $750,000 for the double hall that was to go up. Then the LDC came and money grabbed.

There is still no new hall and now as far as I know there are no plans for a new one. Last I heard they are going to make due with what they have and consolidate.

• Listener
    Listener

Darknight, do you know why they wanted to build a new hall originally rather than consolidating?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Many were moving from the Detroit area to Clinton Twp so the congregations were growing very rapidly. With this in mind it was decided to go ahead with a double hall which at the time was needed.

Our congregation was very overpopulated as well as some others. We also had 4 congregations in that building and it was showing its age.

• LV101
    LV101

Darkknight - this is unreal grabbing all that money. Were/are the members upset? Hard to imagine the borg wouldn't want a new, double, for investment purposes to be built.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

This happened during the big money grab a few years back as a jump start to the LDC. The congregation was told by two representatives that we were not utilizing our hall efficiently enough and that there were congregations in Florida that needed halls before us.

So basically we would get our hall, but the money would be used to help build Kingdom Halls in areas that needed it even more than we did.

I’m sure deep down many were mad over this but nobody said a word. It was after this that the elders noticed a sharp decline in publisher hours. Our congregation was the lowest average in circuit.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Around here, there are four congs sharing one hall and a fifth has to travel several miles on country roads , unlit and dangerous on a dark Winter's night . They had a healthy savings account and were well on the way to a deposit for WTS loans for the balance, to build a second K/Hall.

Then came the money grab. The funds obediently went to the Society ..... No more talk of a new Hall

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

It boggles my mind that these people can’t see through the BS and are still willing to give all their moneys to the Borg.

A congregation can’t even save enough money to do any minor repairs. $5000 doesn’t go very far when your in a run down 30 year old building shared by three other congregations.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am surprised that more JWs don't "get it" about the 'money laundering' (for sake of a better way to describe it).

I am so grateful that so many ex-JWs have done their part in bringing these things to light, and each of them have their audiences that they reach.

What would we do without any of them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit