Do JWs Get Excited About WT Publications Any More?

by NotFormer 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Memory from long ago: My old mate from high school lived next door to a JW and was often "treated" to the latest JW literature. When the "You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth"* book came out, this neighbour waxed lyrical about how good this book was and how powerful the message was. He acted really keen about it, like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. In fact, he referred to the book as "The Red Rocket"!

Do modern JWs still feign a similar level of enthusiasm about new publications?**

* Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it!

** I wonder how much the new publications differ doctrinally from the one mentioned above.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Have the dubs actually published any new books other than fluff books? The last book releases I see are in 2022.

Do the rank and file really read stuff?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

New publications are online and revised weekly. Rewrites old ones with more confusing language and dumbed down. There is a scripture about making many books but they apply it to others not themselves.

I think even the pimi are getting jaded

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

JWs don't seem to get excited about books now that the field ministry has practically ground to a complete halt, and growth is now decay.

There was a time that excitement was over the top when a new publication (even a tract) was released. Most JWs accept that the promotion was just hype. There is no money to be made on printing books so WTC puts them online and yes, changes them as they see fit. It's a new "pseudo-religion" completely now. They don't even get excited about videos anymore from what I observe. Will a new full-length movie generate the contributions that books once did? I don't think so.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

No, its all about creepy fear-mongering now.

Check out this creepy clip from RonPOMO from the Conventions just starting this summer. The music and lyrics are straight out of some hypnotic cult serial killer movie:

https://x.com/Ron_POMO/status/1794591676734034083

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I managed to force myself to endure about 1 minute of the above link. They could just as well substituted the words "governing body" everywhere they stuck in the name Jesus. At least then the song would have reflected what they REALLY believe and teach!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The printing era is dead..

The Borganization is clearly shifting to an online, video religion..

There isn't much more to get enthused about..

Other than upcoming broadcasting,, visits or a$$emblies.

The super PIMIs are probably getting "jaded" too.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Beth Sarim - I think you are correct. Super PIMIs seem to be conspicuously silent, something relatively new. Maybe it’s my imagination working overtime but I don’t hear the bubbly assertions of yesteryear very often if at all.

A decade ago, I compiled numbers that indicated a downhill trend in the cong that seemed to be accelerating. It was ignored by fellow elders and the CO’s. I dropped it. It was real and the trend continued to the present. From a business perspective, I thought many congs were at serious risk of disintegrating. When COs see this now, they consolidate pubs to offset the losses. This works for a while but seldom solves the problem.

JWs are sliding backwards in attendance, activity and excitement, and don’t seem to be able to reverse the trend. Correspondence with PIMOs in other countries indicate a similar situation with only a few exceptions. Notably the absence of internet access may be a significant factor.

Overall, the average number of elders by age bracket has gradually shifted upward, despite Bethel’s willingness to appoint younger men with less experience. Show me where I am wrong.

• Gorb
    Gorb

I don't hear anything about publications.

Family were talking recentlyabout not preaching anymore, only random talks about non religion subjects.

Gorby

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Gorb;

The Borg religion is at a standstill.

Its because of the internet age. They never saw it coming. The internet.

Its like a beached Wale. Or a fish out of water. That is the Borg.

Clearly NOT the same religion as we saw up until around 2000. This has only become more manifest in the last 8 to 10 years. Magnifying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit