Today's watchtower: obey us, no matter what

by Tornintwo 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

OFS managed to get in his two cents worth this morning.

Question par. 5, "How will learning to submit to theocratic arrangements help to train us for life in the new world?"

OFS, "By learning to give up independence and personal preferences now we will be part of the refreshing contrast to the world, and be better trained to live then without independence and personal preferences."

Question par. 10, "How can we show we are patient?"

OFS, "By patiently waiting to understand present new truth's when they are revealed, even if we don't understand why the change from what was in the past taught as truth."

Question par. 17, "What place will personal interests and pleasures have in paradise?"

OFS, "Psalm 145: 16 assures us that Jehovah will satisfy the desire of every living thing. But we must realize that what Jehovah does must be balanced with what the Watchtower says; par. twelve helps us know that life in the new world may NOT mean getting what we want."

It's funny, the heads were bobbing up and down, and he still calls on OFS. I sometimes wonder if the conductor is waking up and that is why he still calls on me. Or maybe just figure to give OFS enough rope?

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Well done! Heads bobbing, they're not engaging their brains, they hear the right buzzwords and like Jehovah, theocratic, society and nod away in agreement, it's sad....Maybe there's someone there thinking though and you might just catch their curiosity to prompt them to start researching.....

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    ''obey, obey, obey, obey''.
  • onightdivine
    onightdivine
    No other words to say... but f*ck the GB.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

"The passing of time should not cause us to lose hope that Kingdom blessings will be realized." - w15 08/15, p. 2

Really? And why the heck not?

It's been over 100 years and counting ....

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

It was a hard study to listen to

as if to say all this shit going on right now is to train you and if you don't like it you might ruin your shot at paradise

so surviving Armageddon isn't just about 10 hours a month and regular meeting attendance, you have to get in line and accept tasks handed to you...... Such as day work at bethel??

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simply amazing that everyone in the cong doesn't see the manipulation for what it is!

I mean seriously! COME ON PEOPLE!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Serving Jehovah is the most satisfying way of life there is.

That's a lie. I'm much more satisfied with my exJW way of life.

Slaving for Hojovah and WT Corporation nearly drove me to suicide. And that way of life drove plenty of others I knew to commit suicide. Writing Department must believe we all felt too satisfied to continue living perhaps?

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

The real sad thing here, is that this is all nothing new. They have been spewing this bullshit for years. The pre-1975 hype, that was riled up by Fred Franz, was spouting all this crap too. They were parading folks on the assembly stages, who just sold their houses, and "worldly" possesions, because the "end" was near, and what do ya need a house for. Dont go to college, what good is an education, when the system is ending in a year. Every so many years they LOVE to amp up this crap.

Russel had his 1914, Rutherford had his 1930's, or whatever, and Franz wanted to "fit in" with the big dogs, so he had the 1975 hype, and it ALL FAILED.

How long can you keep spewing the same old crap, and still getting it WRONG, before you say whats going on here? But the problem is, the WTS are master manipulators. They use smoke and mirrors, and half truths, but more importantly HIDE the PAST. If they keep the newer ones, and the younger ones, and the average R&F, in the dark about their previous lies and false predictions, then you can keep spouting the same old crap, but like its "new" crap.

Forget your possesions, unless its to give to us. Forget your own happiness. Forget your own ideas. Forget your own families. Forget your own education, cause we need ya stupid. Do what we say, when we say it, how we say it, and do not question, EVEN if we do not hold up our end of the bargain. This is all nothing new folks, they have been spewing this junk for over 100 years now.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They are as predictable as a cuckoo clock -emphasis on the cuckoo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit