You Know You're Canadian When...

by dottie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

You know you're a true Canadian when.........

you drive and drive in the USA and can't figure out where the nearest "Canadian tire" store is and you can't get a cup of coffee because you can't find a Tim Horton's.

Wannaexit

• missylissy
    missylissy

You drink Pop, not Soda.

Last year we went on a bandtrip to new hampshire. Whenever we went to a fast food restaurant, we'd ask for "pop" and somone would either says "pardon?" or give a really wierd look. After the first few days tho, we got used to saying soda, except eveyone would crack up laughing whenever they said it. "id like a soda please" haha.

-missy

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    1. You are not offended by the term "HOMO MILK".
    2. You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

Ok lol Whatever Homo Milk is... and the 2nd one... I just dont kno!!!

-¤-*C.C*-¤-

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed" not "Zee"

hahah soooo tru...

7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.
    11. You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.
    12. You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion & many more, are Canadians.
    22. You perk up when you hear the theme song from 'Hockey Night in Canada'

7- No i never knew that haha... didnt even kno it was a word

11- No I never really do lol, but I do laugh when they beep out the cuss word on american live shows like the award things, i dont remember whats they are called and the canadians don't....YEAH!!! Leave it to the canadians "Eh?" lol

12- No I dont usually brag either, i never really actually knew that until now, LoL! (do you think i should move to America??)

22- I Watch Hockey but only if Its school teams, I dont usually watch t.v unless im watching a movie or my shows on superstation

-¤-*C.C*-¤-

• jgnat
    jgnat

ChimChim, you poor thing:

Homo is short for homogenized. http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/netdict?book=Dictionary&va=Homogenize

serviette = napkin
    poutine = fries with cheese and gravy
    chesterfield = sofa

...and yes, we really do use these words.

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i c now hehe thank-you

-¤-*C.C*-¤-

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

lol i just got this, thought i would share it:

SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down

Baseball is Ca nadian

. Lacrosse is Canadian

Hockey is Canadian

Basketball is Canadian

Apple pie is Canadian

Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass

Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of

has the largest French population that never surrendered to .

We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.

Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary , who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.

We knew plaid was cool far before

caught on.

The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

We don't marry our kin-folk.

We invented ski- doos , jet-skis, velcro , zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis , the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

We have colured money.

Our beer advertisments kick ass

BUT MOST IMPORTANT!

The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh !!

25. And we don't bomb our allies.

oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.

I AM CANADIAN!!!

-¤-*C.C*-¤-

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Dottie: good to see you again, I was in stitches reading some of these, because I knew you were transplanted south of the border: cheap entertainment for the locals eh?

My favourite line:

10. You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group. (Yes and I miss them dearly )

I damn near pissed myself when I read that. I think most of us Canuck kids grew up with Casey & Finnegan.

I MISS MR. DRESSUP, who passed away in mid September 2001.

Oh, just some added info. Mr. Rogers (was a great man) and he was instrumental in getting us Mr. Dressup here in Canada. Mr. Rogers and (Ernie Coombs) worked together in Pennsylvania back in the 1950s (Television), and an opportunity arose, which sent Mr. Coombs to Canada, thus we got:

MR. DRESSUP

Same with the "Friendly Giant" whom originated from Wisconsin (Mr. Twomey), another excellent transplanted American. We loved and embraced them.

Shows we are pretty loving, and when we get ourselves a transplanted American: we adopt them, and well.....no wonder they stay.

Dottie, I saw a funny show years ago about Mr. Dressup. It was stuff about Judith Lawrence (puppeteer for Mr. Dressup) and when Ernie had a rough night (had a few ) - Casey would tease Mr. Dressup off camera, about "Hey Mr. Dressup, you had a few too many last night?".

Finnegan, never barked. When I was a little kid, I thought his name was: Vinegar.

Great one Dottie.

Gotta get Will up here, and cover his boots in duct tape, and glue him to the floor with the cheese they use for making *poutine*.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit