Converts

by Alive! 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alive!
    Alive!

I've noticed there seems to be a higher percentage of born-ins here....who are the converted JWS?

Does anyone care to share how they got converted?

• steve2
    steve2

Oh, how I wish I had been converted to this organization!

Being born in means it takes longer to find the exit and summon the wherewithal to go through it.

The emotional blackmail is terribly distracting, rendering difficult necessary clear and rational thinking.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    i would say i wasn't converted right out form a knock. but my wife was born in, but inactive...after about 20 years of no religion, i made the mistake of getting wife back into it. from there i was lied to and decieved, i blame my own ignorance for not checking things out throughly. so we got involved, i realized the BS and now look i am stuck and looking for a clean break with family intact. but, it doesn't look like my marraige is going to make it once i leave. SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Came in on my own hard start in life lost parents young etc. always knew about the kingdom knew lots of JW's met one cycling got me interested as he was manipulative needed to belong was fragile at the time but could see the BS, relented and spent 8-10 years in the cult. Burnt out faded read Ray's books and concluded I knew the corporate sham all along but wanted to believe. Did some intense research over the summer and doing my own thing still a believer in the realm of God and the Melchizedek priesthood through Christ.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I was 14 when I converted on my own. None of my family was in. Right before the JWs I was already pre-conditioned to religion, seemingly out of nowhere.

It started with a tract that I found on my door. It was about "Babylon the Great". I sent a letter to the address printed on it and the elders called on me. It took a few years to start seeing through it. Then I made the mistake of telling an elder about my concerns. That got me disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Good riddance.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Born in

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I don't know why you would ever CHOOSE this cult! We were born in. Never had a choice. Ugh!
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    Converted in my mid-twenties from agnosticism by a combination of the literature and informal witnessing.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Converted at 13 along with my parents, my sister converted a few years before us and got us all to join. I like to think that if I had been an adult I wouldn't have fallen for it, but there is no way to know for sure.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Never a JW, an Elder spent 5 years trying to convert me. Finally sent me an email "good bye, have a nice life"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit