Police descend on Jehovah's Witness HQ after abuse allegations

by BourneIdentity 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BourneIdentity
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

They very much do believe their own shit.

As I've said many times, it's a super easy habit to fall into when you're convinced you're God's representatives on Earth, and you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

And they won't really change the policy.

As far as they're concerned, they'd rather gargle with broken glass than let the rank-and-file see "Satan's World" dictate to them what to do.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Fan-bloody-tastic!

Pity it wasn't the HQ as the O.P. title mistakenly states - it's a Branch Office. But still, it's a start.

• careful
    careful
    BI,

Thanks for the update.

Vidiot, your comments "it's a super easy habit to fall into when you're convinced you're God's representatives on Earth, and you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you" just made me think of how unbiblical the current GB worship arrangement is. The kings of Israel, even if they did not regularly make good decisions, at least let their advisers offer conflicting advice. Paul corrected Peter openly and then later wrote a letter (that circulated widely) reporting it (Galatians). How the current group does not follow their lead! They seem to be saying—not openly, of course—that they know better than the apostles who wrote portions of the Bible!

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Fall Guy

I had copied and pasted what was contained at the link, so they made the mistake :)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes, Careful. They will claim, of course, that they do disagree with each other during their weekly meetings, and that Paul was a member of the “1st century GB”since he was directly appointed by Jesus.

However if that is the case any of the 144,000 could write in and correct a policy since they too have been directly appointed. There is no way they can assert that only the GB is the faithful slave, and has decision-making privileges, if they want to model their “governing body” on the first century apostles.

• skin
    skin

This will be looked on by the JW community has just another false attack from Satan, another sign that the end is near. Its all lies, lies, I tell you. And most importantly, we most not let this kind of news affect our our faith in the F & D slave. Clearly we can see Satan increasing his attacks on Gods people......

• zeb
    zeb

share definite information with

[email protected]

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WT spokesman said they invariable report allegations... What an absolute f*****g falsehood.

DD

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i bet the GB are rubbing their hands with glee--persecution ! proof we are in the last days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit