vent: Got into it this morning with my wife agian. younger son wants to go to a B-day, i said he could...she turned cult.

by goingthruthemotions 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon
    "Children of witness parents do not feel deprived"

It should be:

"Children of witness parents have been indoctrinated to say they do not feel deprived if ever asked about it, they know if they say they do they will be in trouble later for 'bringing reproach' on their parents and the society"

• Splash
    Splash

Job 3:1 "...Job...began to call down evil upon his day (yome)"
    Job 3:3 "Let the day (yome) perish on which I came to be born"

'yome' is here referring to Job's birthday.

Job 1:4 "And his sons went and held a banquet at the house of each one on his own day (yome)"

On Job 1:4 Barnes commentary adds:
    Perhaps it refers only to their birthdays; see Job_3:1, where the word “day” is used to denote a birthday. In early times the birthday was observed with great solemnity and rejoicing.

Clarke commentary adds:
    Feasted in their houses, every one his day - It is likely that a birthday festival is here intended. When the birthday of one arrived, he invited his brothers and sisters to feast with him; and each observed the same custom.

This isn't concrete, but it's certainly a better argument than the WT's "the only examples of birthdays are bad", which is incorrect because it fails to mention Noahs' birthday in Gen 8:13 where something GOOD happened - the waters of the flood had drained away.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Gttm,

You say there are only two options. Split or your wife wakes up.

Well for months now you have been awake while your wife is still indoctrinated. You have been doing fine keeping your family together.

This is the priority. You can leave and your wife can stay. You can be a nice family if you can achieve this by always showing her you love her and your family.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    All the money that is spent on birthday presents and such is the money the governing body want for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit