Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-16-03 WT Study

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Dan, the WTS does flood its members with a barrage of phrases, many of them intended to produce guilt. Thanks for illustrating that.

Hi Winston, my expert on doublethink.

Orwellian Doublethink is rampant in this WT study.

I didn?t realize how bad till I progressed through the material, ergo my concluding comments. The correlations are frightening. I never read 1984 until I was out of HS. I wonder if it has impacted any JWs enough to make the leave the WTS?

Hi kg?yes, Winston, nice to hear from you. PM me from time to time about the progress from one inactive JW to another.

Hi jgnat,

Actually, the WTS did try to be neutral initially by having the elders do nothing about turning in illegal aliens. Once a year in the KM (January) the WTS prints an announcement reminding aliens to report to the proper government authority.

HM post seems to indicate that the WTS is telling the elders to "get involved" and dropping their neutrality in this area. If so, then can't the elders drop their "confidentiality" barrier in regards to pedophiles?

How dare they put words in Jesus? heart!

Yes, I commented on that. What a selfish motive they gave Jesus. But then they want their followers to imitate their re-made Jesus and follow God for selfish motive, life everlasting on a paradise earth.

In my view I commented that the WTS don?t want the brothers to leave their home country because the ones who tend to leave are elders and MS who leave behind congregations without "qualified" leadership. It is hard then for the WTS to make sure everyone goes to the meetings, out in field service, makes necessary reports, organize the assemblies/conventions, etc., etc. Also, once they get to a more affluent country, they get caught up in making a living and "drop" out of the WTS.

Good comments, everyone.

Blondie

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I wonder, if after carefully studying this article, witnesses at a convention that gets disrupted, by, say, an eager apostate (heh heh), if those witnesses would choose to flee!

I mean, this apostate is persecuting them, right? And the only acceptable responses are to flee or to roll over and take it - I bet I could start a DC stampede!

CZAR

• Beans
    Beans

I just love the master and servant bit.

If you took ten women off the street and made them sit at a wedding at a hall and listen to the wedding talk how many would walk out, and how many would walk up to the podium and slap the elder in the face with disgust?

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• jgnat
    jgnat

It just happens that this last weekend was the

International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church

http://www.idop.org/

I wonder; is the WTS either imitating or emulating the church at large? Being the sole mouthpiece for God must be wearing at times.

• Room 215
    Room 215

``According to the WTS, it is. Good Christians stay and suffer. In recent years many "qualified" brothers have left war-torn countries taking their families with them. It has left congregations, circuits, branches without the men to run the WT administrative end of things and make sure local JWs adhere to the WT policies. ''

So by turning tail and getting out of the kitchen when it got hot, these Bethel-sent interlopers left the locals to their own devices, de facto granting them a modicum of autonomy over their lives and congregations --- that's bad, right? It would take me no time at all to make a list of those I'd love to see take the next train out of town!

Nice job as usual Blondie;

Two One Five (of the ``less-is-more when-it-comes -to -Bethel-sent Hacks" class)

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, Room215, these are local brothers. Usually, when it gets hot, the government kicks out any foreign missionaries asap. The WTS depends on the local brothers who have been trained by the foreign missionaries to stay in their country when the Gilead missionaries are forced out. If these trained brothers leave....then who will do the administrative paperwork?

Blondie

• Oracroth
    Oracroth

They have cute girls in costa rica!

• Oracroth
    Oracroth

Oh, what I meant to say is <guy with hellraiser avatar>, when someone jumps up and decides to persicute at an assembly, the security brothers surround him (without touching him) and attempt to get him to decist. If that doesn't work I don't know what they do. Personally I'd probably start a boxing match with him, I have been diagnosed with ADHD and it's hard to sit through assemblies. Boxing with apostate sounds like alot of fun ^_^ So how about it? I'll be sure to attend the next assembly (since I havn't been to one in forever) and you start an uproar, and we'll box, and then I'll give a final speech about russia and usa coming together ALA Rocky 4.

• blondie
    blondie

Czar ,
    I bet I could start a DC stampede!

Not likely, every one would sit and watch not wanting to miss a single detail of the evil apostate being tossed out. They have 2 brothers on either side of the stage supposedly to protect the speaker from anyone getting on the stage. They are about as trained to handle that as the elders are for handling abuse cases.

That type of persecution just confirms to the JWs that they are in the "only true religion."

Loving kindness and succeeding in life are better tools.

Beans, non-JW women would sit out of politeness to the JW relative. And most subscribe to pearls before swine. I have wanted to slap certain elders but I find words chosen from the Bible are better.

Jgnat
    I wonder; is the WTS either imitating or emulating the church at large? Being the sole mouthpiece for God must be wearing at times.

I?m sure it wasn?t intentional (haha). They seem to still enjoy it so far.

Welcome oracroth to the review and the board,

Down boy. I?m married and old enough to be your mom.(smile)

attempt to get him to decist. If that doesn't work I don't know what they do.

I?ve been told that are not supposed to touch that person unless that person hits them first and then only to restrain to protect themselves. There are trained non-JW security at most conventions (rented facilities). At the KH and circuit assemblies they are supposed to call the police. Can?t be punching someone in the face in front of 1,500 or more people. Not Christian.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit