Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-16-03 WT Study

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Instead of boasting of wonderful increase in publishers under horrible conditions

why not count the lives lost or ruin because of the Botchtower?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Blondie,

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Blondie,

sorry for the ...mistake.

But many thanks again for your piece of work.

Just brilliant as usual, pertinent to the subject and with

many quotes.

I do agree that this time the WTBS has not even bothered

to count the thousands and thousands of lifes, lost ...for nothing

absolutely nothing but their own ...rules and regulations passed

on to the R&F as if they were coming from God and Jesus

Christ.

All empty speech so well unmasked by your comments .

Thanks again and I'm sure that many do really appreciate your

hard work in preparation and research.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

'The truth can never be hurt by a lie, but a lie can be exposed by the truth.'

• happy man
    happy man

hello blondie.
    Perh

• happy man
    happy man

hello B.

Perhaps I have some intresting info here.

Here in europe this is a bigg issu, widh refiugies, we have peopel from all over coming, most russian and

palestinian peopel but even som e africans.

It have been on the news that some church hide peoepl who is here illigal.

So this is now out on the CO meeting widh elders when he come to the cong, and the rule is, if someone is here illigal, we must turn him in to the police, we must obey the woldley goverments in this, he say, even if he is a JW , at least I understand it this way, sounds litel odd, when we not can give pedofile inn even if he addmit hes siin, and even if the law say so.

Littel confused, but perhaps I have this all wrong who nows?

Love from HM.

I think this artikel was very good, al least some dont like all this foreners coming here, and take all our money away????

• blondie
    blondie
    This is yet another example of why I hate the WTS.

Panda, try not to hate the WTS because it would be damaging to you. Just be totally honest with your friends about your experiences.
    What is the procedure if you have a question outside of the "watchtowers" questions? Do you bring it up, or ask someone later? I have never, EVER heard a question asked there.

Shamus

, the proper procedure is to ask a qualified person (elder!) afterwards. I have seen visiting non-JWs ask questions during the WT study and the conductor just about freaks out, "Er, er, someone will talk to you afterwards." When my grandfather conducted the WT study, they had lots of discussions and "discussions" sometimes off-topic which is why they only covered 3 paragraphs. Remember it is called the "Watchtower Study" and is not to be confused with a Bible discussion.

Lurk

, that feeling is GUILT.
    it really said what i was feeling but couldnt quiet put my finger on.

Nobody told me

Instead of boasting of wonderful increase in publishers under horrible conditions
    why not count the lives lost

It would be interesting to know how many of these "persecution" converts stayed more than 10 years?

Hi JC,

rules and regulations passed on to the R&F as if they were coming from God and Jesus Christ.

And they betray themselves. At one WT study the conductor asked what JWs base their teachings as he held up the WT. The PO almost soiled his pants getting his hand up to say "the Bible." It?s the congregation book study rather than congregation Bible study. We know where those rules are coming from.

Hi happyman,

So this is now out on the CO meeting widh elders when he come to the cong, and the rule is, if someone is here illigal, we must turn him in to the police, we must obey the woldley goverments in this, he say, even if he is a JW , at least I understand it this way, sounds litel odd, when we not can give pedofile inn even if he addmit hes siin, and even if the law say so.

The following Question From Readers shows how they felt that elders should NOT turn in illegal aliens. So if they are changing it in that situation they should be able to turn in pedophiles. Don?t hold your breath HM.

WT 1977 3/15 p. 191 Questions from Readers

? A man I know is progressing toward Christian baptism, but his visa to be in this country has expired. What should I advise him?

You certainly should commend him for desiring to know and follow God?s counsel. The Scriptures urge Christians to be law-abiding, to pay to Caesar what is Caesar?s. (Matt. 22:21) Hence, it would be good for you to urge this man to do what he can to rectify his status, which may at present be considered that of an illegal alien.

Evidently he is not stealing, lying, living in immorality or otherwise violating God?s moral laws plainly stated in the Bible. We mention this because a person who is breaking God?s laws must repent and turn around before he will qualify for Christian baptism. (1 Cor. 6:9, 10; Acts 26:20; 2:38) But, this man wants to know, What about complying with the laws of the land, such as in his case?

The Bible advises Christians to obey the laws of the land in all matters where there is no conflict with God?s law. (Rom. 13:1; Acts 5:29) The apostle explained that by doing this we will not need to fear punishment from the authorities who punish lawbreakers. Also, we can thus have a clear conscience.?Rom. 13:3-5.

Still, God?s Word does not charge the Christian congregation, through its overseers, with the obligation to become acquainted with all the details of civil and criminal law so as to enforce these. We can see this in how Paul handled the case of Onesimus.

Onesimus was a slave of a Colossian Christian named Philemon. For some selfish reason Onesimus fled to Rome so he could lose himself in the masses of people there; he may even have robbed his master before fleeing. In Rome as a runaway slave (Latin, fugitivus) Onesimus came in contact with Paul, became a Christian and ministered to Paul. In time the apostle urged Onesimus to return to his legal master, Paul even encouraging Philemon to receive Onesimus as a brother and to treat him kindly.?Philem. 8-22.

Take note that while Onesimus was in Rome the apostle Paul did not hand him over to the Roman authorities for punishment as a fugitive slave and possibly a thief. We know from his writings that Paul believed that a Christian should obey the law of the land, but plainly he did not consider it the congregation?s duty to serve as an arm of the government in policing individuals? lives. Also, we can observe that Onesimus? situation was not treated as a barrier to his getting baptized. Eventually Onesimus, likely motivated by counsel such as had been written earlier in Romans 13:1-5 and by Paul?s personal urgings, chose to return to his legal master.

The Christian congregation today follows a course harmonious with this Biblical pattern.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

More of the same, higher and deeper. Is persecution and problems and 'remaining faithful/loyal' all they have left to talk about these days? "trials and persecution" appears to be the phrase of the week this week.

ENDURANCE UNDER TRIALS...live up to their dedication...do their utmost...bear witness...be faithful...trials and persecution...we need to consider carefully how we might act...Persecution...powerful witness...faithful servants...persecution...advance the preaching work...maintain their integrity...trials and persecution...outright persecution... bitterly persecuted...faithful ones...apparently a reasonable course...theocratic direction...Without a doubt...faithful brothers...opposition...keep up their spiritual routine...a source of encouragement...a personal decision...remain faithful...trials and persecution...dedicated servants...sanctification...vindication...we are confident that following Jehovah's direction in all matters is the best course...We are confident...there is no doubt...vindication...sanctification...sanctifying...enduring trials and persecution...following the example...persecution...resolve to abstain from blood...draw courage

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Another excellent review Blondie!

I may be going to the Sunday meeting again tomorrow.

Last week was fun.

An elder approached me after the meeting and said that the persecution that JW's get for their stand is proof that they are true Christians.

I replied that he must think that David Koresh and the Branch Davidians were of the anointed then because of how they were persecuted as professed Christians.

"That was political." he said.

"You may want to rethink gauging who is a true Christian with the persecution barometer, huh?"

It's so easy; it's silly.

Orwellian Doublethink is rampant in this WT study.

Flee.

Stay and die.

It's your choice.

True Christians won't leave their brothers.

Do what you feel is best.

We all stand before God for our actions.

It's like a tennis match...

...minus the cute, white skirts.

Winston.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Winston! I've been wondering how you're doing. How's your wife?

• jgnat
    jgnat

How dare they put words in Jesus? heart!

Additionally, being seated "at the right hand of the throne of God" is unquestionably a wonderful honor and the greatest source of joy for Jesus.-Psalm 110:1, 2; 1 Timothy 6:15, 16.

Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. "Teacher," they said, "we want you to do for us whatever we ask." "What do you want me to do for you?" he asked. They replied, "Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory."

?You don't know what you are asking," Jesus said. "Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?" "We can," they answered. Jesus said to them, "You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared."

When the ten heard about this, they became indignant with James and John. Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:35-45 (NIV)

Seems to me, Jesus had greater joy from giving us all that ultimate gift - his ransom sacrifice.

Happy Man and Blondie, I find it most odd that the WTS be biased in the matter of emigration. Shouldn?t they be neutral? Why would they dissuade brothers in third world countries from bettering their lot? Is it because such brothers are better ?cannon fodder? if they remain where they are?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit