May 2019 Study Article in the Watchtower

by Lost in the fog 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Here is paragraph 18 of the Study article.

made to the congregation. (1 Cor. 5:11-13) If he is repentant, he may remain in the congregation. However, the elders will inform him that he may never qualify to receive any congregation privileges or to serve in any position of responsibility in the congregation. Out of concern for the welfare of children, the elders may privately warn the parents of minors in the congregation of the need to monitor their children’s interactions with the individual. When taking such measures, the elders are careful to maintain the privacy of those hurt by the sin.

Now I have a big question. "If he is repentant he may remain in the congregation..."

Does this mean that as a WITNESS to JEHOVAH he is entitled to share in the door to door ministry where he will obviously come into contact with children. "I'm sorry but mom and dad are away for the weekend." Leaving him or her open to further temptation and reproach on the congregation.

Even if he/she is accompanied by a JW while out in the ministry, what if anything stops them coming back to the children's house later on their own.

Doesn't it seem as if this whole process is flawed in many respects?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I highly doubt pedophiles go door-to-door, make notes about the home alone kids they encounter, and go back later on their own and try to talk their way inside; that's silly and along the lines of 'stranger danger' kind of stuff. Remember, pedophiles typically molest children they know, relatives, family friends, etc. The real concern, and I'm sure you share this concern with me, is pedophiles working door-to-door with young Witnesses who they might find themselves alone with, or make the opportunity to get alone with, at the Kingdom Hall before the car groups go out or in the car 'working' one-on-one with them. That should worry everyone, especially because men tend to be pedophiles, and the Governing Body gives men (whether Elders or not) immense authority in 'Jehovah's organization.' This makes it all the more difficult for a child to resist if a pedophile tries to molest them.

• Atlantis
  • days of future passed
    days of future passed

Why wouldn't they take the opportunity to return to a house with only underage children in it? If the child seems easily impressed, they might just keep in contact with them, building a relationship.

Opportunists are everywhere.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves
    Lost in the fog, Can you please provide the name of the article. I looked at the May 2019 Watchtower and did not find this. I would like to read it.
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Maria Nieves

Love and Justice in the Face of Wickedness/

2019 Study Watchtower/pg.11/para.18....and the rest of paragraph 18 is on page 13.

Skip over page 12 to page 13.

Atlantis!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

These two links for pages 11 and 13 Click on the scan and it will enlarge.

Atlantis!
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Why wouldn't they take the opportunity to return to a house with only underage children in it? If the child seems easily impressed, they might just keep in contact with them, building a relationship.

They don't need the door to door ministry to find kids left alone. All they need to do is take a walk with a cute puppy in their neighbourhood. My point is that if they are pedophiles who track strangers, they will expend their horizons beyond the door to door ministry. The door to door ministry wouldn't be the cause here.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Y'all are missing the point...

...that the WTS wants the presence of sex offenders kept quiet.

Why?

Because they don't want JW parents playing hooky to keep their kids safe, and more importantly, withholding their donations...

Because it calls into question the WTS's claim of a being "spiritual paradise", and ultimately their claim of being "God's Earthly Organization"...

Because there's probably so many offenders, that if their presence were widely known amongst the rank-and-file, there wouldn't be enough "qualified brothers" able to administer things at the grassroots level, thus hampering the Org's ability to function.

All these (and more) ultimately threaten the WTS's survival.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Vidiot, I'm with you one hundred percent. Pedophilia shatters the illusion of "we're different from the world" like a rock through a window.

days of future passed, no, opportunists aren't everywhere, that's my point. Pedophiles don't roam our neighborhoods: they go after "low hanging fruit." It's suspicious as hell if some random guy shows up and tries to talk his way inside with some kid he doesn't know, who might call the cops, they teach kids to do that in school, and pedophiles aren't braindead. It's not suspicious if uncle someone wants to take their nephew on a camping trip, or if the priest wants to instruct a kid one-on-one about religious matters. Find me or show me one case in which a pedophile went door-to-door, found a kid home alone, and came back later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit