Stupid Questions to Ask Gay Guys

by fulltimestudent 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener
    FTS, I think it's interesting that you point out that this gay couple sleep in the same bed but no one cares. The day that no one knows whether they sleep in the same bed or not is the day that no one really cares.
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Listener : FTS, I think it's interesting that you point out that this gay couple sleep in the same bed but no one cares. The day that no one knows whether they sleep in the same bed or not is the day that no one really cares.

OK, Listener! I'm cool with that - you are more correct than I was.

Why should anyone care? Many str8 people perform the same sexual acts as gay people! So why did the bible make it an issue?

(Though I note that there is nothing to indicate that Jesus saw it as an issue. Some commentators have noted that Matthew's account of Jesus healing the centurion's slave, uses the word pais instead of doulos (servant) -as used by the Lukan account. Pais could be translated as 'male concubine,' which would indicate that the Roman centurion had a young lover, a common practice in the Roman Army. If so, Jesus clearly did not care. According to James Neill*, the Greek term "pais" used for the servant in Matthew's account almost always had a sexual connotation.[4] In support of this view, he remarks that the word pais, along with the word "erasthai" (to love) is the root of the English word "pederasty".)

* Neill, James (2009). The Origins and Role of Same-Sex Relations In Human Societies. McFarland.
  • DJS
    DJS

FTS,

Funny and accurate video. Thanks. Simon is of course correct; the day when we all stop viewing someone as a 'black' president or a 'female' CEO or a 'gay' or 'lesbian' couple will be a very good day. Simon does have some push back on this topic based on his perception that every comment on this site in support of the LGBT community suggests that their members are all better, smarter, richer and more ethical - or some such nonsense.

We have spent a lot of time on this site defending the LGBT community from discrimination. In the short time I have been on this site, we have seen laws enacted and enforced that allow gays and lesbians to marry and purchase wedding cakes and photographic services, for examples. That has quietened the hate filled rhetoric from the haters, the theists, the libertarians and those who me thinks doth protest too much. Gag.

I haven't read anything on this site that suggests members of the LGBT community are angels of light and all of whom have hearts of gold. There are a lot of studies (google them) suggesting they make better parents, which shouldn't be surprising. People who WANT children, regardless of their persuasion, would intuitively be better at parenting that trailer park annie who drops them like flies while her live-in, Meth Head Mike, makes the home brew in the trailer and the shed.

As for coalize. What do you do? Mae West's classic line is probably lost on a lot of coalizes on this site. What made her famous line so great is that it completely 'fit' the times - a much rougher and demarcated time when men were men and women, women. A man carrying a gun would suggest power and be a compliment to him, and make the perfect visual.

How do you take that iconic line and make it relevant to your videos? A gun wouldn't fit these two, and a banana has been overused. So how do you make a comparison in a one line joke that makes it relevant to the time in which we live and specifically to these on the video? An I-phone is a perfect metaphor, as it suggests someone sophisticated, educated and contemporary - like the couple in the videos.

Of course anyone who stopped their intellectual progression at the age of 17 wouldn't get it, where bathroom and groin humor rule the day. But I see Coalize' POV. I could have used something cylindrical and longish as the focal point rather than an I-phone, but using anything directly related to phallic would have ruined the joke, as would the overused banana. I thought about excrement (i.e., turd), which would fit the intellectual level of the 17 year olds among us. So the joke could have gone something like this to appease them:

Is that a coalize in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

So what now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit