Stupid Questions to Ask Gay Guys

by fulltimestudent 12 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

My friend tells me he gets sick of silly questions. I tell him its part of the assimilation process. What do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVideo/videos/1908211825986357/?fref=nf

• Simon
    Simon

Funny ... but really - "woe to us, people are making an attempt to show an interest & be accepting even though they don't always say the right thing" ? The alternative is being ignored or "oh you're gay? yeah, I really don't give a shit"

Is that better?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

People always say stupid things and ask stupid questions when there's anything different about you.

Remember the JW questions?

• Do you guys live in a commune?
    • God Dammit....Oh sorry Pete...I shouldn't have cursed in front of you.
    • You guys don't believe in Jesus....right?
    • Would you like a cup of coffee?? Oh wait...you guys can't drink Coffee....right ?
    • You're wife is wearing lipstick....I thought JW women weren't allowed to wear make-up.
  • Listener
    Listener

At least they are silly questions and not offensive questions.

For some people it might be part of an assimilation process, but it is likely to be for a variety of reasons.

Some people are curious, some might be trying to get to understand him a little better, some might think he's weird and are trying to affirm that in their own minds and some people might just be being rude.

He could ask them why they want to know and take it from there. What he sees as silly questions might not seem so silly to others.

• DJS
    DJS

Is that an I-phone in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

Oh wait, that's the line that works (or so I've been told ). Never mind.

• coalize
    coalize

Iphone?

You've got a flat dick?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

WOW, lmao,

that clip was just the thing I needed to watch.

I love starting the day with humor.

coalize, i just lost it on your comment.lol

sigh, I miss my iphone...

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

fulltimestudent, that was a fun video, and may I say I think it great that such sketches in the year 2016, no longer display Gay men as puny neurotic and with vulnability.

On a serious note I grew up on films such as Buthch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, ( Paul Newman, Robert Redford) which I now view as films about men who secretly were in love with each other, and incapable of committing to a woman. So joking aside I think your video crashed that bogus superficiality of sexuality, and the cold calculating images I once worshipped such as Bronson in death wish or Eastwood in Dirty Harry. Anyway I now see these portrays of masculinity as shallow and damaging to modern society and a persons sexuality.

Sorry if my post subtracted from the good humor intended with the thread but I really think real male images of masculinity presented in films by Al Pacinos homosexual portrayal of Sonny in Dog Day afternoon, or entertainers like Elton John, and David Bowies courage to be honest about their sexuality has helped change our culture and give liberation to people so they can come out as gay.

Once again sorry about the serious post, but threads like yours, I hope help people like me accept my former prejudice was wrong and what I was taught by an organistion was wrong and many of the films I watched were wrong in there portrayal of what makes a man.

The Rebel

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Thanks, that was really funny.
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Simon : Funny ... but really - "woe to us, people are making an attempt to show an interest & be accepting even though they don't always say the right thing" ? The alternative is being ignored or "oh you're gay? yeah, I really don't give a shit" Is that better?

Yes! All those things. According to my (gayxjw) friend there has been some debate within that community concerning the nature of 'acceptance.' I wont recapitulate, others can probably detail that debate better than I would.

Its the highlighted portion of Simon's comment that's worth thinking about.

In the short street where he lives, there are four apartment blocks. In three of the four the only persons willing to undertake the (rather) onerous voluntary task of running the Owners Corporations are same sex attracted. Two live openly with their partners and no-one gives a damn.

They sleep in the same bed. Who cares! ('Gives a shit,' as Simon expressed it)

But to reach that level there is a process that involves questioning by the majority segment of the community.

Sex is something on everyone's mind, but these questions are somewhat superfluous as same sex attracted men and women cant and don't do anything that the majority opposite sex attracted people do or can do.

The Rebel : that was a fun video, and may I say I think it great that such sketches in the year 2016, no longer display Gay men as puny neurotic and with vulnability.

I agree, that, but as one gay guy explained at one of my friend's parties. In the days of social ostracism and police persecution, 'butch' (his word) gay guys more easily escaped detection, but effeminate guys could not. (think the movie, 'The Birdcage').

Actually at some of these parties I've met really masculine gay men. The old stereotypes are false.

The Rebel : Sorry if my post subtracted from the good humor intended with the thread ... Once again sorry about the serious post, but threads like yours, I hope help people like me accept my former prejudice was wrong and what I was taught by an organistion was wrong and many of the films I watched were wrong in there portrayal of what makes a man.

Not at all! When I first saw the clip yesterday, my first reaction was to the humorous aspect. Then I considered further and saw a deeper side. Which I invited people to consider with my question, "what do you think?"

So interesting that people saw the funny side. Even 12-15 years ago many participants in these sort of threads may still have been hostile.

DJS : Is that an I-phone in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

Umm! Wish we could ask Mae West (or, her scriptwriter) whether the gag works the same with an iphone

Coalize did not seem to think the same. (grin)

Still a gun cant be loaded with the grindr app, which is (it is said) has greatly aided gay 2 gay contacts.

(BTW, since you have often expressed your international affairs interest. Did you note that a Chinese company has bought grindr ? My mind is boggling at the possibilities in China.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit