Were These People “Demonized” or Simply Mentally Ill?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As Simon says

Like all the demon-possessed people in the bible, they were ( all ) suffering from mental illness.

And I totally agree with that statement.

I knew of a couple of sisters in different congregations that claimed the Demons were having sex with them ..?

The demons if they existed at all are spiritual not physical so how could they have sex with a human ? According to the Bible that privilege (?) was taken away from them at the time of the flood so that they couldn`t produce hybrids such as the Nephilim any more.

it`s all in the mind that can play weird tricks on us when we are vulnerable

The bottom line is do not be afraid of Demon possession it ain`t gonna happen.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Demons? No such thing exists.

Mental illness or attention seeking is more like it.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i overheard my bat shit crazy loon mother in law telling my kids about demons i hit the roof. i had been brought up on that nonsense. the stuff of kids nightmares.

even my old dad used to believe in demons--and loved to tell 3rd hand stories he'd heard of other equally daft dubs. a broom stick chasing a brother was the best. i laughed till i cried.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how many of them are just imagining it. Or, if they are legitimately possessed, it is the angels that are doing it. Angels sometimes get people frightened into doing more for joke-hova or jesus krayst by harassing them and pretending to be Demons. At which point, the victim will do more for joke-hova. This often happens when someone is trying to leave joke-hova, and the angel will do so to get them to do more for joke-hova to ensure that soul is used to enslave humanity. Then, if the angel feels it can get more out of the victim, it will repeat the process.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so--angels are the best spirits money can buy ?

• minimus
    minimus

Lol having sex with the demons!😂

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

An incubus is a male demon that seeks out women to have sex with. A scubas is a female demon who has sex with men. I have a great idea,visit the nearest prison for women and men and conduct classes how you can have sex in prison. I'am sure guys in prison don't give a damn what a demon look like.....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There are physical illnesses that cause symptoms which could be mistaken for mental or "spiritual" illness by the ignorant. People in ye olde bible times didn't know any better fortunately we know more - I hope.

Epilepsy of which there are different forms btw originating from different parts of the brain

Brain tumors

TIA

Brain injury

MS

Parkinsons

Side effects from medication - the list goes on.

Not everything is as black and white as demons or crazy.

JWs are a combination of willfully ignorant and extremely suggestable with varying degrees of hypochondria.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "I knew of a couple of sisters in different congregations that claimed the demons were having sex with them..."

Can you blame 'em?

JWs have such bone-dry sex lives, how else are the frisky ones gonna get any action?

:smirk:

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That wasn't "demons" having sex with JWs we now know it was demonized pillows and blankets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit