Were These People “Demonized” or Simply Mentally Ill?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It seems that every congregation had a problem with people being affected by the demons. Looking back I have to wonder was it that more people were emotionally or mentally unbalanced? Or they simply off their medications or were they in need of meds?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In view of the fact that the WTS is a fear mongering religious publishing house,

Yes there were a few that came to the Hall who were suffering from mental health disorders.

Paranoid schizophrenia being just one of those aliments.

• Simon
    Simon

Like all the demon-possessed people in the bible, they were suffering from mental illness.

Same as the ones who didn't think they were demon possessed but thought god was talking to them - mentally ill.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Same as the ones who didn't think they were demon possessed but thought god was talking to them - mentally ill.

Hey Simon you just described the past Presidents and GB members of the WTS.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

The voices I hear have some pretty good ideas.

• steve2
    steve2

I'm not mentally ill - but my "voices" are.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My experience in dealing with friends in the Borg for 25 years as a elder was meatal illness, dementia and poor health all feel they was attack by demons or demons was hiding personal items in the house or demons are shaking furniture. All can be explain with reason not blaming demons. Of course as a elder I wasted many hours looking for fictional creatures. Still Totally ADD

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Demon possession is recognized by the animal noises and growls that he makes, and by the noxious odors he emits. I have heard and smell that noxious odor, most men's restroom.....

• cofty
    cofty

In many cases neither.

They believed in demons and were prone to ascribe agency to all sorts of coincidental events and incidents.

'Shit happens' is less exciting than deemonz.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Back in the 60's encounters with Demons was quite the fashion - but in all the ones I witnessed the people involved were really not doing well mentally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit