I love accents!

by Aztec 51 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Accent?

Gosh, it's more what the person is saying rather than the sound it makes coming out. I like 'em all y'all.

Lisa from the Great State of Texas ...land of MANY different accents....trust me on this one

• smack
    smack

Me, nah mate, I don't 'ave a friggen accent.

Wouldn't mind chatting to Frannie on the tellingbone one day, I laugh at her typing accent.

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer (can't get more southern than that)

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I've recently had the chance to speak with someone from the UK, and must say, I adore the British accent. I also like the Scotish brogue.

I have a Chicago-in mid-west accent.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I have come to the conclusion that I speak Hockeyese. Poor poor Arrow! It's not a good night for the Stars.

~Aztec

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well I have a Belgian accent when I speak french, as I went to english school but my parents were french of Belgium so even living in Quebec I speak with that accent, lots of women told me it was nice, they dont say that though when they see me :(... My english is just plain normal Canadian...

Lapuce

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Great thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I have found the English have different accents, depending on where they come from, either location or class. I personally find the 'upper' class pommie accent wayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo stuffy. But give me a Manchester or Liverpool accent any day.

Being an Italian/Australian I speak both languages fluently (guess that makes me boring), and apparently without an accent........although I can take other accents off quite well.

I love the Jamaican accent and don't mind the Swedish one either. I find the New York accent fun to listen to.

Cheers and ciao, Bliss

• morty
    morty

ahh awaay man.....my parents have a strong goerdie accent..but i know longer hear it in them.....my friends do though...always asking me what the hell are your parents saying? i think it is to funny....I myself get the old geodie accent going after a few cocktails..lol...or is it a lisp?

morty

• Sassy
    Sassy

I like a texan accent too.

• shamus
    shamus

G'day mate!~

Did the Dingo eat your babay? I went down and got some petty and a scozwagger ran in front of me omnibus! So I guvelled that scozwagger on the tread, and squashed thet bugger like a tin of rafin tuna, mate!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I spoke to one UK poster by phone recently, who had the accent of a liar.

Six: Who are you talking about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit