The wonderful things you hear AFTER you step down as an elder!

by redpilltwice 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Many similar instances happened to my ex-elder Dad after he stepped aside, too.
  • pile2222
    pile2222

Thanks for writing back Crazy flickering light,

I actually haven´t read anything from the WT for over one year already. As a kind of a "New Years" resolution I thought that I would at least read the Daily text again but now I don´t even want to do that anymore. Thank goodness I have never donated a lot of money in all of my 14 years of being an "active" JW.

I like reading novels. My mom disapproves of this of course, saying that those "worldly" books are a complete waist of time. I do believe there is a God who created everything. Which Bible translation would you recommend if not the NWT???

I do have one nagging question though: If the GB is ONLY about getting people´s money and wanting to get more into the JW "cult" by evangelizing more and more just for the purpose of getting more donations, then why aren´t they living a luxurious life-style? Where is all that money going? I mean, they are living at Bethel and not in a mansion with a swimming pool, they eat at Bethel and not at some fancy restaurants, etc.. Most of them don´t even have children where one could say that their children will inherit all this money. So WHAT IS THE GOAL of the GB if it´s all about the money???

I´ve had some people write that the GB just inherited all these teachings and the whole organization from the former members and are just continuing running it and do not want to really change anything. I just don´t get it.

When I say that I feel guilty because I´m not doing anything to deserve getting into "paradise", I say it because Jesus clearly said that it would be hard to follow him. Those are NOT JW teachings but Jesus´own words. So if ONLY being a good person is clearly NOT good enough in Jesus´eyes, I wonder what´s required. I don´t believe that one doesn´t have to do a lick to be favourable. I can´t believe "once saved, always saved" because James wrote "faith without works are dead." I mean that´s what the Bible says, not only JWs.

Before coming to this forum I have read almost the entire website from jwfacts.com and Barbara Anderson´s site and the site and videos from Lloyd Evans. I agree with him only to a certain extent because Lloyd Evans is now an evolutionist. On jwfacts.com I have read that the 144,000 and the great crowd go to heaven. The 144,000 are the Jews who accepted Jesus and the great crowd are the "gentiles". On a different website however, I read that both groups are the SAME!

I still have to read "Crisis of conscience" and "Captives of a Concept" and other books. Are there any books you readers can recommend to me as well? Which book should I read FIRST?

Thanks

• brokethechains
    brokethechains

My Experience :

I was born into a Jehovah's Witness family .

At 19 I was made a Ministerial Servant . By 20 I was serving at Patterson .

At 24 I was married and my wife and I left Bethel and regular Pioneered .

At 25 I was appointed an Elder .

At 27 I became the Theocratic Ministry School overseer .

At 30 I became the Congregation Secretary at the same time I serving as the Watchtower Study Conductor .

I did this for 5 years ... then I returned to the Theocratic Ministry School Overseer Position .

From the age of 27 I was a circuit ... and then District Level Speaker ... frequently giving parts at most all District Conventions .

But just like in the wizard of Oz ... once the curtain is pulled back ... you can't " Unsee " the wizard ! And with greater responsibility came greater insight and exposure into the inner workings of a monster that needed to be fed .

Although through the years I had many questions and even doubts on Doctrine as well as Scriptural usage ... I had always softened this by telling myself that the organization was constructed of imperfect volunteers ... trying to give their best ... and were by and large motivated by Love of others and not personal agendas . And the few I met along the way who were " career oriented " and treated their positions as a job and people were the rungs you stepped on to get further up .... those people always seemed to fizzle out . But in 2 swoops that changed !

Both " swoops " involved Governing body members !

The first was when I was serving as " Convention Overseer " at a District Convention and our Guest Speaker was Stephen Lett . Without a long detailed recounting ... lets just say arrogant , rude , self important and Diva would sum it up .

The second " swoop " and far far worse experience came when Gerrit Lösch was the guest speaker at our New Kingdom Halls dedication . I was serving as acting Presiding overseer at the time since the brother who was Presiding had passed away . So needless to say It became my responsibility to care for the " needs " of the guest speaker . The " NEEDS " ? They included the congregation pick up the cost of a Personal Charter Plane from New York to our area as well as expenses . Although it was initially stated by his " helper " that he would enjoy eating as well as lodging with the local brothers ... Gerrit Lösch upon arrival had other thoughts and stated this was an error and that the accommodations as well as the diverse menu would not agree with what his stomach had become acustomed to .

While he was present for that long weekend ... it became instantly apparent that this man was not only out of touch with the struggles of the average publisher ... he in fact did not care . In fact he matter he stated without remorse that it was not his " Job " to worry about those needs ... he left it up to His " Father " and his " Big Brother " to satisfy those ... and if they didnt seem to be worrying about them specifically ... why should he ! ...........I could go on and on .

In the end .... after 45 years as a baptized Jehovah's Witness .... as one who held many positions ... had helped countless individuals ... and worked tirelessly for the needs of others .... I stepped down and faded away !

To my surprise ... its been 4 years since I attended a meeting . The reasons ? I've never specifically told anyone ... but then again ... Ive Never Been Asked ! Not one single elder has EVER inquired as to why or visited me and my family !

So tell me , where is the Modern day fulfillment of Matthew 18:10-13 ? Where is whats identified at Romans13.8-10 ?

In my experience ... the organization is like any other "franchise ". Do what the home office says . Make the location " Kingdom Hall " uniform and familiar . Serve the same food recipe so anywhere u go it " tastes " familiar . Put managers ( elders ) in charge who are not Free thinkers ... but are instead " bottom line " ( whats on the Circuit overseers report ) oriented company men . Do this well ... and you get "promoted " ( appointed ) to a more noteworthy " Job " ( responsible position ) and you climb the "corporate " ( Theocratic ) ladder .

Deviate ... and it is not ... " what have you done for others " ... it's what have you done for " us " lately . And just like that ... you are gone .

Regrets ? Yup ! The Biggest ? Only what I've lost and will never be able to find again ..... Time !

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Welcome brokethechains!! Looking forward to your contributions.
  • sir82
    sir82

WHAT IS THE GOAL of the GB if it´s all about the money???

Power. Power over millions of people who willingly & blindly obey your every word and treat you like rock stars.

It is far more addictive and thrilling than heroin for some people.

The GB is composed of those types of people.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    do have one nagging question though: If the GB is ONLY about getting people´s money and wanting to get more into the JW "cult" by evangelizing more and more just for the purpose of getting more donations, then why aren´t they living a luxurious life-style? Where is all that money going?

I don't think it's just about the money. While the Governing body does not have mansions that we know of, they do not live the life of a regular bethelite. They fly first class or chartered (see above comment), have more luxurious accommodations, fine clothes, fancy watches, etc. They are royalty in the JW world. That kind of power and adulation is like a drug. I don't think any of the GB is stockpiling cash, but who knows?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Pile2222,

You might want to copy your comment and start a new thread where I am sure your questions will be answered.

Though concerning the GB Brokenchains has painted a stunning point of view about how unconcerned some GB members are about the rank and file.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great post brokethechains! So glad you escaped! It's funny that no one contacted you. Sad!

" it became instantly apparent that this man was not only out of touch with the struggles of the average publisher ... he in fact did not care "

The interesting thing about this statement is the same thing can be said about how my spouse and I feel about the GB/WT. It is apparent that the GB/WT needs donations and we in fact don't care. We are gone and never been happier! They will never receive another dime or a second of our time...NEVER!

So many new posters on here. There are more people than you can imagine that are starting the look behind the curtain. You are correct, you can never forget what you see. That's a good thing.

• freddo
    freddo

@broke the chains

Something doesn't add up. At the time I posted this you had posted twice. Once three months ago and once about an hour ago. As far as I can tell the description of yourself varies greatly between these two posts.

This last post of yours intrigued me so much I thought I would look at your post history to read more.

Care to explain? Or am I overlooking something obvious?

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I love this thread! I was really close to an elder, for years, and worked for him sometimes. We were so close, he often confided in me often. He hated the politics behind the curtain of unity, that all bodies of eldubs are required to profess to the sheeple's.

Some of things we talked about, should have opend my eyes long ago, but I was like everyone else, blind! One that now sticks out in my mind, is how often he warned me against, questioning anything about the borg, to others, but that I could always talk to him. That should have been enough to Open my eyes wide!

Someone earlier said their dad "stepped aside" as an eldub. Sadly this was and is one more borg enforced joke, to try and make it seem as if there are no "Classes" in the borg, that were all just equal sheeple! That's one of the biggest lies of all! I have known so many eldubs, and over the years I was taken into the back room twice, and informed me that I had been appointed, and turned it down. In one of those times, the two, but pointed out, how differnt it is to be included in their boys club, and how many advantages come with it! Just look at some of the powerful well connected eldubs, they iften get away with pretty much anything, as long as the stuff stays in the club. I saw some pretty powerful ones taken down after years of keeping other's quite, until somehow it started leaking out to the sheeple's. Even then, sometimes a few years later they are back, welcomed back to the club.

How many "Classes" are there?

The peon, publisher class.

The Aux, peon-neers*

The Reg, peon-neers*

The Bethellites - held out to be really special to the common sheeple's

The MS, Straw Boss peons

The Eldub's, the first class with any real powers.

The CO's

Above this point, it gets really shady, because there are so many different powers that be!

And on top, the gooberning body!

*These two groups, are really four, when you taken in the fact, male and female, are treated differently!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit