What Do YOU Expect From Others?

by Guest 77 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

Well I don't know if I fall for the stories, but I still forgive hoping the same path won't be crossed again. It was how I stayed in an abusive marriage for two many years and how I could forgive friends who really were not there for me when I really needed them. I also go back for more I guess. Trying to work on that. Forgiving only those deserving.

• Valis
    Valis

Just be the same person you are in Real Time. There is nothing worse than someone who will not just shoot straight with you and get down to the brass tacks. I would rather someone be brutally truthful with me than pussyfoot around for the sake of nicety.

respect: something that is earned and yes I agree should try to be given freely.

honesty: a standard among friends.

truth: regardless of how one hears it, should be a priori for the words you put here.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Another question along this line is, 'What do we expect from our marriage mates?' But then again, it should all tie in, shouldn't it?

Guest 77

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

sns...you and I have a lot in common. I feel the same way. I want to treat others well and hope that they will treat me well. And after all the judgemental attitudes in the JWs, I never want to be judgemental and hope others will not be judgemental with me. As for being forgiving, I too, am probably too forgiving. But then, I spent the first 1/2 of my life constantly saying "I'm sorry" for everything... even if I didn't do anything wrong!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I hear where you are coming from Lovinlife.

as for the other question brought up

'What do we expect from our marriage mates?' But then again, it should all tie in, shouldn't it?
    I think it is the same in a relationship only I would hope a level higher yet. You have trust and love along with honesty and forgiveness.
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

Lovinlife, how interesting you mention the word 'judgemental' three times. So true, so true. Yes, the JW's have a judgemental attitude. This attitude is a draw back and stymies one's personal mental and emotional growth, resulting in ill-health. This attitude of always apologizing (even over nothing) is a good example of control.

Guest 77

• Panda
    Panda

I expect some level of reasonableness from others. Respect is great when reciprocated. Wait maybe I don't expect these traits but I hope to find them. I also like people who don't take themselves too seriously, yet will stand strong on vital issues. And I especially hope to meet people who feel as did Malcolm Forbes when he said "It's only too late when you're dead." Oh and chewing with your mouth closed, yeah I guess I do expect that.

Panda 's ex-jw's

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

You present some interesting points Panda. 'People who don't take themselves seriously.' When its not a life or death situation, why make issues or worry over them? Such a waste of time that be could better used in personal improvement or upbuilding activities.

'...strong on vital issues' good, not wishy washy or go wherever direction the wind is blowing.

'...chewing with your mouth close...' I'm with you on that. Ugly!

'...reasonableness' I've liken this quality to a 'Yield' sign on the highway.

Malcolm Forbes, ah, what would you do with his wealth? Hmmmmmmmm.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit