the society and education

by NewYork44M 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

Franklin, you are so right...I saw the hypocracy first hand. When I was at bethel, since I had no formal training (and believe me, they asked about that), I got to work in factory cleaning. However, my brother, who was somewhat of an electrician and extremely smart, was sent at the society's expense to school. He is now an Electrical Engineer. I guess they don't mind schooling if it works for them. But God forbid the r&f should go to school!

• observador
    observador
    And besides, she learned enough in the time she was in school to get a job

If this was so, why not finish it? I wonder?

Observador.

• chester
    chester

The December 15 th 2003 Watchtower is still telling the R&F that they don?t need an education. In Paragraph 17 of the second study article Prove Yourself ready for Jehovah?s Day, the following statement is made:

Anxiety may also be brought on by materialistic pursuits. For example, some complicate their lives by living beyond their means. Others have been enticed by get-rich quick schemes and risky investments. For others, secular education as a means to attain financial success becomes a snare. Granted, a certain level of schooling may be useful to obtain employment. However the truth is that in the time-consuming pursuit of obtaining advanced education, some have harmed themselves spiritually. What a dangerous situation to be in as the day of Jehovah nears! The bible warns:? Those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires, which plunge men into destruction and ruin?- 1 Timothy 6:9.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit