Paranoia at Britain Branch?

by The Fall Guy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I just 'phoned Britain Branch and asked to speak to someone in the Public Information Department.

It looks like the days of questioning the Branch over the 'phone are a thing of the past.

Here is the substance of my conversation with the sister who answered the telephone:

Operator: "What sort of information, please - is it a legal question or an accounting or construction question?"

Me: No, it's a question about WATCHTOWER INTERNATIONAL. I just wanted some information about it.

Operator: Watchtower International???? We have a Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Britain, is that what you mean?

Me: No. It sounds as if you haven't heard of this organization either. I found it on the U.S. Dept. of State web site. https://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/irf/2017/eap/280832.htm

Operator: OK, probably the best thing you could do is drop us a line at the address on our web site, because we are all volunteers here and we don't have people to answer questions over the 'phone. Thank you for your call.

Me: So you've never heard of this organization yourself?

Operator: Hmmm............ yeah........................so thank you for your call. That's how to go about it.

Me: Can you answer that question - have you not heard of this organization?

Operator: Hmmm........yes...........I'm sorry, I'm not answering any questions. I'm not a spokesman, I'm just a switchboard operator. Thank you. Goodbye.

Even Bethelite mushrooms are being kept in the dark - as well as being fed the bovine excrement!

Maybe someone in the USA could get some info by 'phoning the HQ.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

WT is being watch and scrutinized, I have a feeling they are not saying much now days. The spot light is on them and they know it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    fally - I'm sorry, I'm not answering any questions.

Why doesn't this evasion surprise me?

I've seen countless youpube vids where someone calls the WBT$ and gets evasion and agressive responses.

They are a bunch of bloody fools and liars. No surprises indeed.

Image result for liars

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Well you know what they say "if you can't beat them, join them!" Seriously Another example of Hypocritical watchtower being part of the political process.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Uhm... so your surprised that a switchboard operator didnt answer a rather random question ? Why not ask him or her their view on soy vs almond milk... or Pluto: planet or large astroid?

What did you expect from some whos job it is to direct incoming phone calls? They are literally once removed from “press 1 to reach the legal department” but since you wanted to engage in ambush style antics and they didnt dance to your tune you come here to cry foul?

Go find something real to be outraged about.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

YOU'RE probably right!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Sure the operator isn't in a position to answer question but the point is no one there will!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would hate to answer the phones at bethel, it must be the most hated job.

To lighten the mood, and because Morph’s comment reminded me ...

I saw a man in the supermarket throwing around yoghurt and milk and cheese. I said how dairy!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Bethel would be highly compartmentalized the desk staff would know only the WT official script.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

B.I......NGO!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit