Older ones here, what do you remember being told about 1975 ???

by run dont walk 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus
    shamus

I may be beating a horse to death here, but I am just flored at how they whitewashed the whole 1975 thing. They made it sound like nobody in the society ever mentioned it, only ppl talking is all... and when it didn't come through, it was a "sifting" work done by Jehovah.

Whatever.

Listening to Brother Knorr give that talk made my hair stand on end... it sounded like a doomsday cult. It was sick and I encourage all to check that out. It is really disturbing.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Oh yea! I remember 1975. I was a teenager just before that "important" date! The coming event/1975 was one of the reasons I got baptized, just before, at 16. I truly believed the "end" would come before or at that time!

I recall a blitz of pamphlets we had to place in the proceeding years. We had to deliver these within a 3-week period (if I recall correctly)! Each publisher was handed about 300 pamphlets, from what I remember. I recall having to work overtime to deliver these, because many couldn?t cover the "territory" in time, I was given and extra portion. I remember running behind houses in the cold-rain (Rochester, New York), during the winter months! Boy, I thought I was doing God?s will! "These people got to get the message," so I thought! "The end is here! The end is here!" so I thought!

I remember the tracts at that time, several having lighting bolts striking the major buildings of world governments (sort-of a 9-11 picture), with Satan behind all governments (isn't that what radical Islamists say?). I suppose this wouldn?t go over very well now, hehe!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey cyberguy,

I was in Indiana during the time of the pamphlet blitz. In our area, each publisher received 50 personal copies to rush to our unknown worldly converts. We were just to knock, give a 5/10 second presentation....& give pamphlet.

"At least NOW no one can say 'but nobody warned me!' "

NO publisher could admit to being weak enough not to place *just 50* to save sooooo many lives. Some dumb brothers (and sorry, it was always brothers) would come up to others and say "I've placed ALL my pamphlets already.....do you need help in placing yours?" Then the same jerks would go to the next person and say the same thing, but adding "and I helped poor sister weak place hers too."

There were about 6 of those pamphlet campaigns?

Rain, snow, whatever.....no excuses accepted.

Yuck.

waiting

• blondie
    blondie

waiting, yes there were at least 6 of those campaigns.

I "placed" all of mine too with my trash can.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit