Older ones here, what do you remember being told about 1975 ???

by run dont walk 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abraham
    abraham

1975 , glad armagedon didnt happen at that time , because im just baptized of year 1998 , i want to live in paradise

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I was told not to worry about a good job, cause soon I could have my pick of homes from the ones who died. Sick huh.

• shamus
    shamus

Very sick, singingman.

Looking forward to someone's death...

You know, I am not a perfect person. Hell, I can even be a complete asshole sometimes. But the day that I look forward to someone's death is the day that I should be killed too. How sick!

Didn't god feel remorse after the flood? He said that he would never do it again. If god feels remorse for killing people who are "wicked" in his eyes, how much MORE disgusting it is for these judgmental freaks to say these things.

Abraham, good for you for your wish. I wish you well in your "paradise" on earth. I would rather be dead.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember a family in our congregation that sold their business in 1973 or 4. They also sold their house and bought a smaller home at less cost so they could live on the money and pioneer for the last of this 'system' since they expected the end in 75. It sure turned out a mistake for them because it was a good business and so they couldn't get it back when they realized the end didn't come in 75.

• lurk
    lurk

waiting hey

it feels like getting over a very long illness .you know how a fever feels ..fever everything seems oddly sharp and real and your so happy and content but when the fever breaks you you head starts to buzz you feel weird and suddenly all the feverish joy is just a memory

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I remember sitting in the school lunchroom in 1969 arguing 1975 with a friend of mine -- he just laughed and said he'd send me a postcard in 1975. Recently I found him again (classmates.com) and, mercifully, he doesn't remember that conversation, but we had a good laugh over it!

In 1970, my parents moved us to isolated territory in the Northern Territory of Australia. They sold our beautiful 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom house with 2 acres, located on the first fairway of a 9-hole Robert Trent Jones golf course in St. Croix, ALONG WITH ALL OF THEIR FURNITURE. Yeah, I'm still mad about that -- they had a beautiful mahogany bedroom suite, a gorgeous Oriental rug, brocade sofa and wingback chair, my dear departed grandmother's secretary, a Duncan Phyfe dining room table -- I groan every time I think of it! I fought hard (I was 14) and managed to salvage my grandmother's rocking chair and china cabinet, but that was all they'd take besides the piano. After all, Armageddon was coming! When we left Australia in 1973, my parents sold their wedding silver and china set (again above my protests) but still took the piano . . . I guess they thought I'd be playing "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" on the piano as Armageddon boomed around us.

I wish they'd at least kept the house and rented it out -- what a vacation home that would make!

Unfortunately, the legacy I have inherited (without my grandmother's furniture) is that I have a hard time planning for the future because all of my life I was taught there would be no future in this "system of things." That's a handicap I'm trying to get over, but it's hard.

Nina

• the mole
    the mole

1975 in my congregation in north sacramento was in a mad rush to hurry out to service. Elders came to my dad house and told him to quit his job and full time pioneer. my dad laughed at them and told them they where nuts. he was disfellowshipped in 1976 for teasing the hall on why they sold there homes and quit there jobs. my mom got caught up in the frenzy for a minute but when 1982 came she was df'd along with many others during the great apostate hunt. many were not satisfied with the answers why the time of the end never came. unfortunatly they both reinstated themselves in the early 90's for whatever reason. But in 1975 many people were told not to go to school. i remember talks discouraging college and highschool. i know of two families personaly who suffered aftered those years for listening to those fools. The Redoble family sold 10 acres of land in sacto that now is called natomas, they could have been millionares. The Weber family sold thier business and homes, Roseville now boomed and they could have had a great deal of security but now both families are scraping by..I am glad my dad didnt listen to them, in fact my dad retired from sac county and also bought his third house, one of which is in hawaii....

• undercover
    undercover
    I was told not to worry about a good job, cause soon I could have my pick of homes from the ones who died. Sick huh.

We did that in field service pre-1975 and even after 1975. We'd see a house that we liked and we would say, "that's my house after Armageddon".

A friend of mine picked the largest house in the city as his post-armageddon house. The second largest house was across the street. I told him that I guess we would have to be neighbors forever because I was going to take that one.

It's hard to believe that we would look at other people's property and envision that all we had to do was walk in and take over after they died. So much for not envying your neighbors belongings or having any Christian love for our fellow man.

• waiting
    waiting

hey lurk,

Yeah, I know how you feel. You get better after the fever........but it takes a while. Gotta get your strength back - even your equilibrium (sp?) & thinking straight.

It's like that sometimes for all of us too. I've been out for 'bout 3.5 yrs now - but the first year was really crappy. Free.........but all the SMACKS! Sometimes my husband & I would just look at each other and shake our heads........how could we have been so wrong? So deluded?

I was at Steve Hassan's cult seminar and a high-up former Scientologist woman was telling us some of the things she really believed before. We just looked at her like "How could you?" She laughed "This is what I tell people when they give me that look..........BECAUSE I WAS IN A CULT!"

SMACK! to the forehead!

How could I have been that stupid!

Because I was in a cult!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Abraham!!!! Take the Watchtower advice "MAKE SURE OF ALL THINGs" Find out How the WT started. Gods Speed in your journey !!! I have a feeling you will be dead before the earth becomes what you have been told....BUT!!!! if you SHOULD enter that place ....Please dont bring your snake round to my mansion....I dont want to play on the hole of a snake..... I want to play a harp on a cloud. ( Only kidding feller!!!! I hope you will stay on line & chat. Convince me the WT has the truth....O.K.? I will be waiting. E-mail me privately if you like....((((HUG))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit